Sign in to follow this  
praetas

Need Revo RJ12 4-Pin Pinout

Hi there, we are replacing a stolen DVR for customer and the Samsung cameras from their old system use 6-Pin RJ12 connectors.

We purchased an 8 Channel Revo DVR which stated it used RJ12, but when we got it and connected the cameras, they didn't display.

We called Revo and they stated while their DVR uses RJ12 connections, their DVRs require a 4-Pin RJ12 that has a proprietary wire arrangement. They confirmed that our Samsung cameras will work fine with their system as long as we re-terminate the cables using just 4 of the 6 wires in the Revo pinout configuration.

The kicker is that Revo refuses to provide their pinout instructions and I cant find them anywhere online.

I'm hoping someone here knows the arrangement. Thanks in advance!

2: power

4: video

6: common ground

straight through cable (1=1, 2=2, 3=3, 4=4, 5=5, 6=6). What don't you understand?

Now do you need the specs from the other manufacturer too and have someone draw you a picture?

I've had to figure this out onsite before - not fun but you're the expert. Right?

straight through cable (1=1, 2=2, 3=3, 4=4, 5=5, 6=6). What don't you understand?

Now do you need the specs from the other manufacturer too and have someone draw you a picture?

I've had to figure this out onsite before - not fun but you're the expert. Right?

You don't even understand what he is saying and you're being a total ass. Grow up douche. IF A STRAIGHT THROUGH WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM HE WOULDN'T BE HERE BECAUSE HE TRIED THAT FIRST. HE'S GOING FROM 6 TO 4 NOT 6 TO 6.

DO you need someone to read for you, you arrogant, self-loathing conceited piece of dog excrement?

TO THE O.P.

You're going to have to do some tests, find power first and once you get the camera powered on, just do trial and error till you find audio and video, or just video in your case I guess.

You don't even understand what he is saying and you're being a total ass. Grow up douche. IF A STRAIGHT THROUGH WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM HE WOULDN'T BE HERE BECAUSE HE TRIED THAT FIRST. HE'S GOING FROM 6 TO 4 NOT 6 TO 6.

DO you need someone to read for you, you arrogant, self-loathing conceited piece of dog excrement?

TO THE O.P.

You're going to have to do some tests, find power first and once you get the camera powered on, just do trial and error till you find audio and video, or just video in your case I guess.

Well hello. Nice first post .... I can see your going to get on well with members .......not

Well hello. Nice first post .... I can see your going to get on well with members .......not

My apologies. I was just sticking up for the guy. I hate it when people act that way and are negative towards people trying to get help. I'm a service provider like the OP and I just felt bad. As I said I apologize and I hope that I can continue to be apart of the community.

Old post or not, it appears the initial poster was seeking help and not ridicule or to be on the receiving end of Dirk_D's cutting sarcasm.

It is a pleasant thing to see Brettliff rebuke his unwarranted response.

We all require help at times and some more than others.

Might help to remember this before lashing out just because there seems to be no consequence for doing so.

(By the way, it's written, the LORD sees everything and we will all have to give account of every idle word)

As for getting along with other members tomcctv, what about judging righteous judgement for a change?

Ah, to keep this all in perspective, it's also written, rebuke a wise man and he will love you but rebuke a fool and he will hate you.

Night.