Sign in to follow this  
mikemscott

Frame Loss

I have the swann 882004 hd system, about 6 months now. The system is flawless except for one little annoyance. Every so often a particular camera will glitch by that I mean frame loss for split second at times will flash no video. can be very annoying at times. There will also be text that flashes above camera number. It reads 1080p 30, I know that's res and frame per second any idea why this is happening? I've tried everything to eliminate this issue, thank you, Charles scott, mikemscott@hotmail.com

HD_SDI carries HD raw video data in a bit serial manner. The clocking is above 2 Ghz. So the tuning of parameters of SDI receiver chip set in the DVR becomes very critical and quite dependent on its environment. Sometimes it may lose a locking and gets locked back again, and so on. So I may advise you to contact the DVR manufacturer.

Again thank you, I keep coming up with questions, one thing, it never does this at night it's flawless. Also it's obvious your very Sharp with all this but me not so much,I didn't understand anything you told me lol, if I take this in to swann what do I tell them the problem is?

You can turn on -motion event recording option and please make sure your system is OK during the night. Because frame loss can be detected as a motion.

Please let me go for more points:

1. Switch your cameras connecting to video input ports of your DVR.

If still the camera is in trouble, the camera gets suspicious. Otherwise, the input port of your DVR gets suspicious.

2. What is the cable distance from the camera in trouble to your DVR? Is it the longest one among your cameras? Because HD_SDI works at a very high speed clock rate and can not be stable enough for a long distance, say over 80 meters, where a special signal booster may be needed.

3. Open the box of your DVR. Can you please name the Video Decoder chipset at the front end (near input ports) of the board.

The reason I asked the manufacturer of video decoder is that recently some makers start introducing their chip and some are not good, I heard. But 100ft should be OK.

We have so far narrowed down to

A certain HD-SDI camera is losing sync only during the day but OK at night.

What's left?

That's connect and try other camera on the same cable.

Is there enough power being supplied to the camera?

Is there physical problem on the cable?

presently i have two cameras doing it. I've got four cams set up for now, two of them have never even glitched. I hardwired the system no connectors no breaks anywhere in the lines. im not real comfortable with taking apart the DVR can I get the numbers your looking for from the manufacturer? I marvel at this hd pic but there always has to be a glitch somewhere. my son bought the same system at same time I did, absolutely no problems. I believe the cameras are flawless and the the cable are flawless. It has to be the DVR, what do you think?

Because you said the cable is new and fine and power supply to camera is enough, DVR seems to be responsible. That's why I asked twice. What is the video decoder chipset manufacturer inside your DVR Box?