Squirrel!

Can a SSD be used in a Swann...

...SWNVK-460KH2-US, in place of the POS HDD that comes with it? Any particular settings need to be changed or can I just swap out the HDD for the SDD, format and go???

...SWNVK-460KH2-US, in place of the POS HDD that comes with it? Any particular settings need to be changed or can I just swap out the HDD for the SDD, format and go???

You will not see any improvement with the ssd...get a wd purple.

Haven't found a 2.5" one yet.

No reason to be a wiseguy.

If your nvr does not support a 3.5 drive, get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236600

..there is ZERO benefit to ssd for these NVR's...instead of wasting your money on an SSD, get a better NVR....but im sure you know better...

If your nvr does not support a 3.5 drive, get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236600

..there is ZERO benefit to ssd for these NVR's...instead of wasting your money on an SSD, get a better NVR....but im sure you know better...

Ill second the WD Red as a good choice. I have a pair going strong in my box.

You will kill an SSD using it in a NVR. They are not designed to be constantly written to.

Shame on you for attempting to belittle me. How am I supposed to know what is needed? I am here asking what I needed. Don't attack me because you failed to read the post or understand what I was asking. I gave you the model # of my system. Had I been generic and asked for any old system, the WD Purple suggestion would have been (and is) an excellent suggestion...I guess. I looked for your suggestion and didn't find a 2.5" one. And for me stating that, I am labeled a "wise guy"? Nice way to treat a new guy coming here for advise. Real nice, "Boogieman".

"

Ill second the WD Red as a good choice. I have a pair going strong in my box.

You will kill an SSD using it in a NVR. They are not designed to be constantly written to."

Thankyou. I appreciate your input.

You were not belittled, you were being a wiseguy, and you are doing it again with your subsequent post.

If you think I should have downloaded your devices spec sheet to determine the hard drive size your smoking something strong.

A simple, my device requires a 2.5 drive, would suffice.

You were not belittled, you were being a wiseguy, and you are doing it again with your subsequent post.

If you think I should have downloaded your devices spec sheet to determine the hard drive size your smoking something strong.

OK. Because I didn't word it the way YOU wanted, I am a wiseguy x2...Had you not been attempting to belittle me, which is what you are doing again with your post, Boogieman, you would have seen what I needed. If you are not willing to take the entire 3 seconds it takes to highlight and search google then why are you here? Just to belittle people like me?

Please do not respond to anything I might post here as I don't care if you do have the right answer, I don't need it from you or any comment from you, actually. Have a nice life.

OK. Because I didn't word it the way YOU wanted, I am a wiseguy x2...Had you not been attempting to belittle me, which is what you are doing again with your post, Boogieman, you would have seen what I needed. If you are not willing to take the entire 3 seconds it takes to highlight and search google then why are you here? Just to belittle people like me?

Please do not respond to anything I might post here as I don't care if you do have the right answer, I don't need it from you or any comment from you, actually. Have a nice life.

A bit a reading comprehension is in order. Your response to my post should have been "my device requires a 2.5 drive". Not the wiseguy response saying you cannot find a 2.5 version with a shock face. Please see my posts before you accuse me of not wanting to help people out. You are simply one of those folks who feels like he is owed the word by forum members - they come around every once in a while. I have no duty to do research for you. Despite that, I pointed you towards the wd red drive with a link to newegg. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. So, why dont you go by a 1tb ssd for 300 bux and call it a day, see how that works out for you.

Good grief. How do I block the boogieman clown, that feels he is far superior, from replying to my posts? I have already made it known that I do not wish for him to respond and yet, here he is, trying to prove he is superior in every way, by constant belittling.

Admin?

Good grief. How do I block the boogieman clown, that feels he is far superior, from replying to my posts? I have already made it known that I do not wish for him to respond and yet, here he is, trying to prove he is superior in every way, by constant belittling.

Admin?

Wow, what a child. I'm guessing under 20? Call the teacher asap. You were not belittled. You were being rude and subsequently called out on it, if that upset you so be it.

Admin?

Wow, what a child. I'm guessing under 20? Call the teacher asap. You were not belittled. You were being rude and subsequently called out on it.

No. You are, and have been, the aggressor in all of your posts that I went thru. I did go thru some of your posts. You seem to think you are an internet badass that is superior to anyone. You call people liars, claim that people [except yourself of course ] all have agendas to not be truthful. You are not being truthful about saying you are not belittling, when you have proven yourself to be an ass, from post to post.

By the way, your guessing is about as accurate as your own self description...horribly wrong.

The easiest thing for you to do, is to just stop replying, especially when requested to. But I'm sure you know better.

Admin?

Wow, what a child. I'm guessing under 20? Call the teacher asap. You were not belittled. You were being rude and subsequently called out on it.

No. You are, and have been, the aggressor in all of your posts that I went thru. I did go thru some of your posts. You seem to think you are an internet badass that is superior to anyone. You call people liars, claim that people [except yourself of course ] all have agendas to not be truthful. You are not being truthful about saying you are not belittling, when you have proven yourself to be an ass, from post to post.

By the way, your guessing is about as accurate as your own self description...horribly wrong.

The easiest thing for you to do, is to just stop replying, especially when requested to. But you knew that, didn't you?

I guess you selectively chose not to read the posts where i spent lots of time helping others, going as far as logging in via team viewer. You are a disrespectful know it all, why even come here for advice, you know better than anyone else. As far as the posts you read, yes, they do have agendas, if you look at my posts, I refer folks to the best system for their needs, regardless of where its purchased from or the manufacture, including, samsclub, costco, aliexpress, amazon, hikvision, dahua, swan, qsee etc....

Please dont use foul language on a public forum, it indicates a level of immaturity (the smilies you use send the same message).

Dude...let it go. You wanted to belittle me from the get go and you did a fine, admirable even, job at doing so. You are to be commended. " title="Applause" />

Now let it go. You can go belittle another new member, now.

Dude...let it go. You wanted to belittle me from the get go and you did a fine, admirable even, job at doing so. You are to be commended. " title="Applause" />

Now let it go. You can go belittle another new member, now.

Ill say the same for you.