Sign in to follow this  
Wetstuff

'No Link' HIK Cam - Cable - NVR?

I have a single HIK cam feeding a HIK NVR about 300' away. Everything was mostly fine until this last round of cold/warm/wet along the mid-Atlantic in mid-February. The cam got moisture saturated* to the point where it was like looking out a shower door. There were a few random times when I would lose the image: 'No Link' ..but it came back.

I have a second (dry) HIK cam, so simply went out and replaced the cam. 'No Link'. There is this PITA business where the HIK cable coupler seems to want to break the finger tab on the male portion of the plug, so it often seems as if there is not a secure/complete connection. So, I put on a new male - click. Same thing.

I went back to the NVR and messed with the settings - not really knowing what I am doing, but the cam is active. However, out of an hour, maybe I get half dozen views of less than a minute each.

Where would you look next? Any thought appreciated. Thanks. Jim

* it is not unusual for the cam to fog up during a temp change. It usually clears itself when the Sun gets higher.

24hrs later: There is a constant image. Do these cameras 'burn in'? The other camera before it turned into a shower stall would have this hazy gray curtain rise from the bottom, then go away with no schedule.

During daylight the image is a little coarse but at night you can see fine vertical lines in the image as if the image is skipping R-L.

Jim