Server upgrade postponed

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Continued issues GOVISION Cameras
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm 

Following on from my previous post regarding IR/Night mode switching issues I’ve now replaced all power supplies (Have 5 separted 5A power supplies powering 8 cameras). Changed all baluns and power connections, removed the cat 5 wiring and replaced with leads supplied with the kit and still have the same problems.

Cameras switching to night mode and not switching back to day mode. Some not switching to night mode at all.

I’ve now found that I unplug each camera then power back up they instantly switch to the correct mode (Daylight/night mode).

This is happening intermittently across the majority of cameras. I’ve literally changed everything except the cameras themselves and the DVR.

Is this likely to be a camera issue? As they aren’t switching over unless unplugged then re-energised.

Post subject: Re: Continued issues GOVISION Cameras
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 pm 
Integrator

cjbreto wrote:
Following on from my previous post regarding IR/Night mode switching issues I’ve now replaced all power supplies (Have 5 separted 5A power supplies powering 8 cameras). Changed all baluns and power connections, removed the cat 5 wiring and replaced with leads supplied with the kit and still have the same problems.

Cameras switching to night mode and not switching back to day mode. Some not switching to night mode at all.

I’ve now found that I unplug each camera then power back up they instantly switch to the correct mode (Daylight/night mode).

This is happening intermittently across the majority of cameras. I’ve literally changed everything except the cameras themselves and the DVR.

Is this likely to be a camera issue? As they aren’t switching over unless unplugged then re-energised.

What type of baluns did you replace with

What size cable did you use and how did you wire video and power ?

I would also reply to your posts rather than starting a new post every time

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:23 pm 

tomcctv wrote:
cjbreto wrote:

What type of baluns did you replace with

What size cable did you use and how did you wire video and power ?

I would also reply to your posts rather than starting a new post every time

I’ve used pre terminated BNC cable which was supplied with the kit. Same issue as the CAT5. Cameras are either switching to nightvision and stuck in that mode when it’s daylight until I unplug and plug back together they switch instantly back to day mode. Same scenario at night with other cameras . Camera won’t go to nightvision until I unplug then plug back - goes straight to night mode. As I say only thing I haven’t changed is the cameras themselves and the DVR

Apologies will do that in future.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 pm 

Best of luck bro...

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]