fortunetop10

Do you recommand ADI?

Do you recommend purchasing products from ADI if I am an CCTV installer? How is their product quality and pricing? If it is not good, who do you work with that you will give a thumb up!!

I use ADI here in the UK, BUT when I am putting a quote together I always email them with a list of parts and they send back a quote.

Never go on ADI's book price.

I generally get 20-25% off their Trade Prices on DM products 10-15% on Honeywell

As for Service, I can't complain, I use the online ordering system and it is delivered as requested. The local branch I use the Staff are friendly and knowlegable.

Also I always send the list of equipment to another supplier to get a quote comparison.

the anwser is... Shop around !

The question is:

How far away are they from you?

If they are close to you then you can get your products next day!

I being on the east coast in the USA cannot order from California as it take 5 days to get here, plus burn in time, and then installation schedule.

Most of my customers do not want to wait this long for an install!

Who is reputable, and who is close to you?

Do you recommend purchasing products from ADI if I am an CCTV installer? How is their product quality and pricing? If it is not good, who do you work with that you will give a thumb up!!

A resounding no!

We had many problems with them shipping the wrong parts. For instance, they sent BNC's for RG-58 after we asked for Plenum RG-59 BNC's. First, they kept saying they were the correct BNC's, even after I pointed out the manufacturer's specs. Then they claimed it was our fault for ordering the wrong parts, despite the fact that we had not specified a part number, just what cable we were using. Then they kept billing us for the connectors after we returned them, even after we provided evidence that they had received the returned parts.

On top of that, they were rude to both me and our Accounting Department.

It is a good idea to find some local suppliers. ADI's price is too high for me, i can find local suppliers that offers the same or better product for lower price. ADI? Unless I can't find what I want, it will be my last option.

I've used ADI for more than 15 years and have been satisfied. Now that they have merged with Burtek, I have more selection available to me.

If you can keep to one sales rep you're bound to get good prices.....trouble is, they don't pay the rep's enough so they don't stick around.

Just my two cents.

We use them on occasions. Mostly we buy direct, being in business so long. (60yrs) Where do you operate from? It's better to pick a smaller well stocked distributor in your own area.

We use them on occasions. Mostly we buy direct, being in business so long. (60yrs) Where do you operate from? It's better to pick a smaller well stocked distributor in your own area.

I use the following in this order:

Scansource Security

Group One NW

Northern Video

ADI

Tri Ed

ADI and Tri Ed have incredibly high prices and they don't always work with you. Scansource seams to beat everybodies prices and offer free shipping on everything, they stock virtually everything, my rep rocks, and thier online system is great for ordering, billing, tracking orders, etc.

The neat thing about ADI is that if you ask 3 people for a price you might get 3 different answers.

I have found their counter people to be amazingly unhelpful for the most part.

I guess I gotta say that it's one of those places where, if you gotta ask questions you're in the wrong place.

On the other hand, they have a pretty good selection and a lot of it's in stock. Order online & it's pretty much a done deal.

I'm in the midwest & use SES. They have their good points & bad points but they work pretty hard to make things right.

A resounding no!

We had many problems with them shipping the wrong parts. For instance, they sent BNC's for RG-58 after we asked for Plenum RG-59 BNC's. First, they kept saying they were the correct BNC's, even after I pointed out the manufacturer's specs. Then they claimed it was our fault for ordering the wrong parts, despite the fact that we had not specified a part number, just what cable we were using. Then they kept billing us for the connectors after we returned them, even after we provided evidence that they had received the returned parts.

On top of that, they were rude to both me and our Accounting Department.

It's a "good" experience,hehe,maybe there is some misunderstanding

When I was in the business, I worked for a company that uses ADI as the primary supplier. Due to the company purchase power, their prices were the low. Being on the field, I love them. Something is wrong, instant exchange. They even send the parts (after the 1st 30 days) for you.

Like anything else, customer service comes with higher price. Your choice to purchase from a car dealer that don't have the parts in stock or no instant exchange or purchase from a full-stock dealer.

We use them alot for other stuff other than cctv paging, phones etc. Good rep is the key they can provide good pricing and delivery. We found in most cased Northern Vid was cheaper but longer ship time and shipping charges. with the merger Northern has higher pricing than ADI and still has the shipping.

For us there pricing was horrible not at all competitive. The reginal rep called me and kept on trying to meet me but never did anything on pricing and I wasn't going to spend a day to waste my time. There is several ADI one or two towns away from us in plainfield NJ, etc I could run to in case I needed something fast but they are so rude on the phone and the prices are so bad I now just order sturff from suppliers out of state but no more than one state away. As soon as I get into PA the prices drop and it gets sent to the shop the next day anyhow. If your local one is good go for it but mind has been horrable and besides they don't carry CNB

I prefer ADI because i am using their products from last five years and they are very reliable and very responsive, their shipping services are very good they are sent the order within the time limit with the accurate products.

used to work there

pricing is all over the place, the small guys usually don't get a fair shake

Now, I work for an independant distributor, I stock a ton of product,my pricing is aggressive, and I'm reachable always. My dealers have my cell number for any emergency, and everyone gets treated the same, big or small