highjoke

Portable self contained cctv package.

Hello,

Is anybody have experience or suggestion for building a best portable cctv video record package - self-contained (w/power supply). My client wants to have such system and use it anywere in a building if needed.

Also how can I build a WiFi access point in a 8 story building, which equipment can be used for that.

I would appreciate any ideas and help.

Thank you.

Hello,

Is anybody have experience or suggestion for building a best portable cctv video record package - self-contained (w/power supply). My client wants to have such system and use it anywere in a building if needed.

The most self-contained you can get is a camera with built-in recording. Look up The MemoCam products from www.vdomain.com, or look into megapixel cameras with built-in SD slots from makers like IQEye, Mobotix, Hikvision, and others. You would still need to get power to it, usually over a thin pair of wire from a wall-wart adapter, but otherwise, it doesn't get much more self-contained.

Also how can I build a WiFi access point in a 8 story building, which equipment can be used for that.

At the very least, you'd need an access point device on each floor, hard wired to a network (I assume internet) connection. A building like that would be certain to have steel-in-concrete floors, and there's no way you'd get a usable signal from one floor to the next.

I have used one of the mini single camera dvr's that record to an SD card with a battery and a camera several times. All the equipment is very small and portable. It still has some limiations depending on the size of the battery and how long you need to record before being able to change the battery. The mini dvr does have digital motion detection and masking similar to larger dvrs.

I am new to posting on this forum so I don't think I am supposed to put links on this site for this equipment. If you want links to show you the items that i have used, please let me know.

You're allowed to link to a manufacturer's page for the camera, or to an online review. You're not allowed to link to an online store.

I don't know a prepackage solution but it is easy to build one.

Axis has a very small encoder that you can use with your favorite covert camera.

You can combine 2 cameras with the SV-16 NVR from Genetec, it's a mini NVR ( 4 x 4.5 x 1.05 inches ) that consumes only 6 watts and includes a wifi 802.11g and 2 ethernet ports.

http://www.axis.com/files/datasheet/ds_m7001_34065_en_0907_lo.pdf

http://www.genetec.com/Products/Omnicast/Pages/sv16-en.aspx

Good luck!

I build my own custom Pelican case with Wifi for access point or PTP link, Exacq NVR, Axis encoder for a mini covert camera or PTZ and I can also use Megapixel cameras. It will all run on battery for about 24 hours and is the size of a briefcase.

Got the idea from this:

136730_1.jpg

HDMI is effectively DVI video + SPDIF audio over one cable. Breaking out DVI from HDMI just requires connecting to the right pins; the adapter is generally a straight-thru type.

Yeah just figured if they messed up the label on the case then what else did they mess up

Technically, if the port outputs ONLY video, then it IS a DVI output. The connector is incidental. An HD-15 connector, for example, may COMMONLY be used for VGA, but not ONLY for VGA. Ditto a "typical" DVI connector, which is often also used for 16-in/2-out DVR breakouts.

Ill take your word for it then as I dont know much about HDMI and DVI and thats your area .. I just what the connectors look like

what is it your looking to do exactly? if your looking at cheap security solutions consider something like the Techniguard tower?

as i hear it runs off a fuel cell that lasts about 6 monthes before it needs any sort of maintenance and can be dialed into and monitored over 3g or wifi... plus it looks pretty cool