kevchall

Help with DVR

Can anyone tell me if i would get better pic from the camera i have just got:http://www.digitaldirectsecurity.co.uk/cable-managed-vari-focal-night-vision-camera-ir-range-30-40m-.html

I am putting it on an old DVR which is:http://www.cop-eu.com/sections/specs/full_page_specs/index.php?product=15-VT04-CDRW&v=spec

The pic is not great would it get better with another more up to date DVR any help would be great thanks.

If you can post some screenshots, that would be very helpful in helping people figure out where the weak spots are.

Does the camera look good in live view and bad in recorded view? If so, a better DVR might help. If it looks bad in live view, the camera or lens may be the problem.

Hi Kevchall,

I am at the moment trying to get the same model DVR online for a friend of the family to view on his Android table, causing me a real pain in the neck.

I can tell you that i have just replaced an old 420tvl camera with a 700tvl Sony Effio camera on the DVR, just a cheapie from ebay but what a differance!!! Just remember the camera lens plays a big roll in the image quality and not just the resolution of the processor.

If just for the sake of a test you set the DVR to Super Fine on the highest setting and let it record a few mins then play it back and compare it with the image as live, you should see little differance in quality.

It is an old unit but was a good one in its day. You should see an improvement with a modern DVR using D1 coding but i would surgest for the sake of £50 (if your on a budget) and using the type of camera i suspect, try a better camera first.

All said like the comment from MaxIcon, its hard to say with not knowing what camera spec your using.

Looking at your link i am guessing its the KS-578VR using the Sony Effio DSP. This should get you good results but you should find the same model much cheaper with out looking to hard and yes im a tight old sod