guitaristshobi

One DVR, Multiple Screens & DIFFERENT VIEW

Hello Folks

I need your advices on something i am not really familier with. At one of my client's project we are supposed to give them multiple views (which is what i am ok & have done before). But they told us to do something i really wonder if it is even possible.

Given a simple 08 Channel Standalone Dvr is it possible for other 2 views (other than the MAIN VIEW LCD Directly connected to the DVR) to see only 2 Main Gate camera while Main screen is watchin all 08 Cameras.

They have requested 2 extra views for their Guards & they do not want their Guards to see whats going on inside the Office. So they said the guard only be seeing Cameras fixed on the Main gates, while the main screen will be exploring through all the cameras.

Generally, in normal cases the image of DVR View is displayed at all the connected screen. Please tell me how can i do it. What to do if my DVR does not have any SPOT OUT Ports.

Please guide me.

Thanks

You might want to check the user settings in the dvr. For instance, mine allows for five users with different profiles such as passwords AND a choice of how many live/playback channels they can view. The options per user goes deeper than that, but you would give each guard location only certain channels to view and playback. Then it's just a matter of setting them up to remotely view- they sign into the dvr's web application and see what they're allowed to see. If they're each given a wireless laptop at their location and they're on that local network- bingo.

or you could use a separate multiplexor

Can you please guide me how to connect a multiplexor for that purpose? much thanks

you would connect the cameras you want the guards to see to the DVR AND to the multiplexor (you would probably have to use a Y connector to split the signal unless the dvr has 'through' connectors) and then set the multiplexor to display the grid arrangement you want and feed the output to a monitor in the security office

or you could use a separate multiplexor

Can you please guide me how to connect a multiplexor for that purpose? much thanks

you would connect the cameras you want the guards to see to the DVR AND to the multiplexor (you would probably have to use a Y connector to split the signal unless the dvr has 'through' connectors) and then set the multiplexor to display the grid arrangement you want and feed the output to a monitor in the security office

Good Day Guys...

I am bringing back this thread since I have a similar situation.

I have (1) DVR (16 channel) and I want to connect (2) Monitors to it, but I want each monitor to show different cameras.

For example:

I want CH01, CH02, CH03, CH04 - to show on Monitor1

I want CH05, CH06, CH07, CH08 - to show on Monitor2

While all is recording at the same time on this (1) DVR

I think this is the same scenario as the OP had.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can achieve this?

And if the Multiplexor mentioned in the above quote can really be used to achieve this?

Thanks Much!

Good Day Guys...

I have (1) DVR (16 channel) and I want to connect (2) Monitors to it, but I want each monitor to show different cameras.

For example:

And if the Multiplexor mentioned in the above quote can really be used to achieve this?

Thanks Much!

I do not think the chipset inside the DVR would support these features that you mentioned. Though Technically not challenging, you have to understand that the chipset already utilizes 100 % of the DRAM bandwidth allowed. No more bandwidth to enable the feature, for the most of the chipsets involved.

If the cameras are analog or HD analog, you have to buy another DVR and T type camera signal splitter for feeding the camera signals to the DVR.

Good Day Guys...

For example:

Thanks Much!

I do not think the chipset inside the DVR would support these features that you mentioned. Though Technically not challenging, you have to understand that the chipset already utilizes 100 % of the DRAM bandwidth allowed. No more bandwidth to enable the feature, for the most of the chipsets involved.

If the cameras are analog or HD analog, you have to buy another DVR and T type camera signal splitter for feeding the camera signals to the DVR.

Thanks for the quick response...

So I guess that I have to buy a separate DVR for cameras to show on a separate monitor..

I thought that there might be some technology out there to upgrade the DVR (easily) to allow this feature.

I guess I should have thought about this before I bought a 16 channel DVR because my main problem is that the more cameras that I add is the smaller the views are on the (1) existing monitor.

That's why I wanted to add an additional monitor - so I can use most of the DVR channels and still be able to view them at a reasonable display size.

The option of simply buying (1) huge monitor to display the various channels is very costly not to mention the large bright display (in a average sized room) just for a residential house.

Adding that additional (small) monitor would have been perfect for my viewing/monitoring; both cost-wise and setup-wise.

I guess it cant be done with the one DVR.

Thanks Again.

Understood. But we have to understand the Money Game, behind. To enable this feature, the chip set and DVR is to be limited to 8 Channels, for instance. But the DVR makers can charge you more with 16 Channel -DVR.

So, you may buy another 8 Ch DVR for plugging 8 cameras separately from other 8 cameras, if you have already 16 Ch DVR for 8 cameras.

Is the DVR networked? Set up remote viewing or CMS software on an old laptop or desktop PC

Hi guys, I really apologise for bringing this old thread back but I was wondering if you could help me.

I am setting up a CCTV system for a care home. They have their main DVR and screen in the main office. The building has three floors and they would like a monitor on each of the three floors to monitor what is going on in the building. I was wondering if/how this would be possible. I thought about just mirroring the screen in the office but then if the staff have to look back at footage you don't want that displayed throughout the building. The have a 16 channel DVR but will only use around 8/9 channels.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

C