Sign in to follow this  
ctvz

do genuine dahua products carry the logo

Hi everyone

Sorry not sure where to post this

Can anyone confirm if all genuine dahua products carry the logo ?

at a guess in my opinion if it doesn’t state dahua on the product its not a genuine dahua product

what company would make an item without even putting their own make on it

i brought a camera direct from china on aliexpres.com the packaging, manual, and camera doesn’t state dahua anywhere on it

So it is possible it could still be a dahua or is this likely to be a fake item

Thanks

Edited by Guest

None of the Dahua products actually state Dahua on them. You can find images online of their products with dahua on them, but I've never seen one in person with the name on it. The reason I believe is that Dahua makes a ton of money on rebranding.

Companies such as ICrealtime buy Dahua and than put their name on it. So, if Dahua put Dahua on it, there would be some

conflict there.

That is interesting. The ones I ordered online from china also never said Dahua. Although in the pictures on some online websites the Dahua logo is prominently displayed.

Thanks

So how is one suppose to tell if its real or not if there is no make brand on it or anything

in the manual i have it says on the back of the dvr there should be a serial and a model number on the front it has neither of these

all the pictures i have viewed online say dahua on them

Why do you feel its not real?

And why do you think in China they would make a knockoff of a camera like Dahua? Is this common? Maybe I'm not aware...

This is not a name brand watch that is a status symbol or luxury good. As far as I'm concerned as long as the parts in the camera are same as Dahua specs (Lens, Image sensor, etc) name brand printed or not doesn't matter much.

Thanks

So how is one suppose to tell if its real or not if there is no make brand on it or anything

in the manual i have it says on the back of the dvr there should be a serial and a model number on the front it has neither of these

all the pictures i have viewed online say dahua on them

I wanted dahua because they are supposed to be good but if i have something that doesn’t even say dahua anywhere in the manual, packaging, or camera itself how can you tell

this wasn’t a cheap camera so i would say they have every reason to make fake or probably sent another cheap camera that looks the same every single dahua product they have on their site says their logo and this one doesn’t

I see. Well I don't know then.

If they can make a knockoff camera in china by duplicating the casing of the camera what makes you think they cant print "Dahua" on the camera?

You see I also bought from china before. Also bought a product advertised as Dahua. Received unbranded camera. The manual and box were very generic and did not show the "Dahua" brand name. The seller from China claimed that this was Dahua's policy since they have an agent in US. By agent I assume they meant a OEM like Swann...

I though they were telling the truth and kept the cameras.

I wanted dahua because they are supposed to be good but if i have something that doesn’t even say dahua anywhere in the manual, packaging, or camera itself how can you tell

this wasn’t a cheap camera so i would say they have every reason to make fake or probably sent another cheap camera that looks the same every single dahua product they have on their site says their logo and this one doesn’t

so correct me if i am wrong here but what is the point of a brand name called dahua making products if they just then go and sell them without their name on them

also mine has no serial on it and even in the manual it says they will need this if i ring them or something

As I understand it...

Dahua is the manufacturer or brand name under which they sell the cameras in China and perhaps other parts of Asia, Europe, etc. In US they have a policy of no "Dahua" branded products directly competing with their re-sellers (swann?).

Why they do this? Probably so that they have an easy source to sell goods to in US market (Swann) without need for many of their own US based sales staff, support staff, distribution centers, etc.

Swann sells the cameras to retailers like Costco, Sams club, etc, and they in turn sell to the customer.

so correct me if i am wrong here but what is the point of a brand name called dahua making products if they just then go and sell them without their name on them

also mine has no serial on it and even in the manual it says they will need this if i ring them or something

Thanks and i do get what your saying

But i got mine direct from china even the seller i got it from said i would have to wait for it since its coming direct from dahua yet it comes with no name on it or anything

so even direct from them it has no name on it so why even have a brand name dahua if none of their stuff says it not even when you get it direct from them

i do get what your saying about the US but mine didnt come from there

They do not want their name on the product period. They sell to other companies that put their name on it and sell it as their own.

They sell their product to other countries and Chinese distributors to make money. It's that simple. And if you ask the person that you purchased from in China, they will tell you that they are actually not allowed to sell to the US because if Swan or ICrealtime

found out, they would not be happy with Dahua. In the settings menu, you can find the serial number of your camera. Does it work with PSS? Does it work with Dahua NVR? Does it have the same IE web interface? If all yes, than more than likely you have

a Dahua camera. Which camera did you buy btw?

After reading this. with the research I have been doing, I think I have more of an understanding. I am in the market for an NVR. I am in Canada, and the Canadian distributor for Dahua has an OEM name of EYEonet. When you said that the Dahua name is not on the product, I understand that, I have found that Dahua has the following OEM's: Eyeonet, Galaxy, Swan, and others. if the Us Distributor is paying big bucks to be the only supplier in Canada or the US, however there are a number of companies in china selling products which they say are manufactured by Dahua but to be able to sell in markets where they are not licensed, they can't put any markings on the box. Dahua makes a lot of money selling OEM's around the world and there goal is to sell as many boxes as they can. In the end if you buy form the local distributor, you will have the warrantee, and full support, if you buy from another market, you will have to go back to them if you have an issue. that decision is up to you.

Dahua doesn't allow sellers to display the Dahua name on their products. Dahua actually went through sites like eBay and Amazon a couple years ago and removed a lot of sellers privileges to sell Dahua products because they were in violation of this. Since I see it all over those sites again now though, I think they've relaxed a little bit, but as far as I know, their policy has still not changed.

All of this kind of makes it a pain in the but for first time buyers to verify that they're actually receiving a genuine product. Amazon for instance is full of people who just clone ASIN numbers and sell cheaper versions. It's totally unregulated, and unfortunately, buying from an actually e-commerce store isn't always the solution.

Dahua comes with or without a logo, to make sure it's dahua product, check the MAC address, if it starts with one of the following 6 characters, it's a dahua.

MAC        Vendor
4C11BF   ZHEJIANG DAHUA TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD
9002A9   ZHEJIANG DAHUA TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD

It's nothing for a company to clone a MAC address...

Maybe most won't go through the trouble... but it is of 0 confirmation that the MAC address has the correct vendor prefix.