hiwatt

Jpeg 2000 standalone help please?

Hi folks

I would really appreciate some help and advice for anyone who is familiar with the Jpeg 2000 standalone DVR.

I got one 8 channel with a 500gb drive.At default settings and on continuous/emergency record I am only able to go back as far as 1 day to view any recorded footage.It is set to overwrite when the HDD is full but the green light saying HDD full is on after around a day or so and stays on?

I have reduced the quality to enhanced from super fine but this hasn't made a difference.Also what is the difference between Schedule recording and emergency recording as in the manual it says they both record 24/7?Surley even on continuous recording I should be able to get at least 4-5 days recorded?

Any help is much appreciated.

I would really appreciate some help and advice for anyone who is familiar with the Jpeg 2000 standalone DVR.

I got one 8 channel with a 500gb drive.At default settings and on continuous/emergency record I am only able to go back as far as 1 day to view any recorded footage.It is set to overwrite when the HDD is full but the green light saying HDD full is on after around a day or so and stays on?

Jpeg 2000 compression sucks. If you want more than a couple days worth of recordings, think about upgrading to a newer DVR with H264 compression, you will get way better quality and more days worth of storage.

And once a unit fills up the HD.. it will stay full forever (or until you format the HD). Of course the "HD full" light will stay on, since it is full, the unit is overwriting the old recordings with the newer ones.

I would try a hard drive format and a complete DVR reset even removing the battery, the verify your hard drive in another machine and if still having problems you might want to consider a new DVR.

I can only think I and P frames are not set correctly.

However, you could possibly have motion AND normal record on at the same time. Some DVRs allow this so motion is really just a marker on playback.

Have you burned a 2 minutes clip? What is the file size for 2 minutes on 8 cameras?

@ wireguys

I ran a calculator on it and he should get 30 days plus no problem on average motion and that frame rate with worst case scenario 6Gb per channel per day. Almost need remote access to poke around the settings to see if it jumps out.

Do you have screen shots of your schedule and motion setup screens? Sometimes a second set of eyes might catch it.

Jpeg 2000 compression sucks. If you want more than a couple days worth of recordings, think about upgrading to a newer DVR with H264 compression, you will get way better quality and more days worth of storage.

Way better quality? JPEG2000 and H264 each have their advantages. JPEG2000 is a better choice for some applications.

Best,

Christopher

I agree to Chris.

JPEG2000 is designed good for still image, way better compression efficiency than the previous JPEG. So good for Event triggered recording or medical imaging. It can replace the JPEG, for sure.

The chipset probably from Analog Device, I guess.

These JPEG series do not fit for video recording.

@ wireguys

I ran a calculator on it and he should get 30 days plus no problem on average motion and that frame rate with worst case scenario 6Gb per channel per day. Almost need remote access to poke around the settings to see if it jumps out.

Do you have screen shots of your schedule and motion setup screens? Sometimes a second set of eyes might catch it.

Hi.It's recording in "Emergency record" with the red light so it records 24/7.Apparently in default mode it should record in Schedule mode 24/7 but I can only get it to record on emergency mode.The settings of the record configuration are

Overwrite -on

Multiplex -Duplex

Quality-Enhanced

Resolution-100ips@720*288

Record in Alarm-1/1X

Record in Motion -1/1X

Continuous Record -1/1X

Here is a picture of "Schedule setup" settings.As far as I can see there aren't any?Any help/advice would be much appreciated.Still only able to go back just over 24 hours of recorded footage!

242414_1.jpg

Hi folks,

Can anyone see anything in this picture of "Schedule Record" that would cause the machine to only record in "Emergency Record"?According to the manual the jpeg 2000 should with default settings record 24/7 in Schedule Record but it's only recording in Emergency Record 24/7 and I think this is why it's using up so much disc space and only going back a day and a half?

It says that the schedule record settings should have an interval of 2 hours/day but I would like it to record 24/7.

Again any help would be much appreciated.Thanks folks!

Emergency Record was function to allow the DVR to go into full contineous record mode in the event of a PA button being connected to the system

Power it down or do a factory default on the unit will clear it, then reconfigure the unit

Or time to splash out and buy a new one

I've tried resetting to default settings but once I press record it goes into emergency "Red light" record.If it would just record for more than a couple of days it would be fine.I gather this is because in 2emergency mode" it records at full(super fine)quality?

The thing is I'm not really sure how the "Schedule record" should be set up if I still wish to record 24/7?

I've tried resetting to default settings but once I press record it goes into emergency "Red light" record.If it would just record for more than a couple of days it would be fine.I gather this is because in 2emergency mode" it records at full(super fine)quality?

The thing is I'm not really sure how the "Schedule record" should be set up if I still wish to record 24/7?

hiwatt where abouts do you live./work ie where about is this dvr i have used jpeg dvrs and think they are fantastic but like other people have said you need to know how to setup this dvr correctly. pm me if you can and ill be to happy to come out to you for a cost obvously to cover time and fuel to setup the unit for you and show you around the system (UK only bearing in mind)

When set to schedule you do not need to push record button bud

That is what the issue possibly is on your unit

It will record by its self as per scedule wether its motion or perminant

Can you tell me how to set up schedule record so that it records 24/7 continuously please?

Can you tell me how to set up schedule record so that it records 24/7 continuously please?

hiwatt check your pm you have mail explaining all the relevant settings for this dvr hope that helps

Hi folks,

I'm still having problems with this.The problem is that I don't know how to set up Schedule Record?

Could anyone tell me how to set this up so it records 24/7 please?

The thing is if it is no recording in "schedule record" then it reverts to "emergency record" at full resolution and I only get 2 days worth of recorded footage.

The quality is fine it's just getting it set up properly so that it records 24/7.If we can get a week or so of footage that would be fine?

ANY help is much appreciated.P.s here is the manual if it helps. http://videos.cctvcamerapros.com/pdf/dvr-manuals/JPEG-Dual-Codec-DVR-Manual.pdf See page.32

Is anyone familiar with the jpeg 2000 and how to set it up?I would really appreciate any help.I reset it to default and in "schedule record" there were lots of cc's.I cleared everything but it didn't help?

schedule record mode needs to have c for continous record in all the time areas and the a and m should not be programmed, which is alarm a and motion m those should be left off. ie not on the schedule record page. the record configuration page should be set to high on quality, record speed is set to 1/3 multiplex setting should be triplex overrite set to enable or on here is the manual that ive just read if its any use

https://www.iviewcameras.co.uk/pdf/H2616_Manual.pdf

Hi cctv man.

Did you get the PM's I sent you?It's really frustrating this.I tried what you suggested initially and it kept going back to the same date all the time.(Just the one date)What we are trying to achieve is for it to record 24/7 and get more than a couple of days worth of footage which I'm sure we should be able to do with a 500GB drive?

What I'm not "getting" is the times that are to be entered in schedule record.In the manual it says "Set recording type for each recording time interval for a day of the week (2 hours interval)"

Can you have a look here page 32 for me please?http://videos.cctvcamerapros.com/pdf/dvr-manuals/JPEG-Dual-Codec-DVR-Manual.pdf