Sign in to follow this  
czero1

Help me build/advise my new system? Please?

Hi,

I’m getting started with setting up a security system with blue iris and I would some feedback on how to do it.

I’ve broken this post into multiple sections. Please help with what you can.

Cameras:

I will have approximately 16-20 HD IP Cameras.

It will be a combination of hikvision ds-2cd2032-I & hikvision ds-2cd2012-I bullet and dome cameras. These will be mainly used outdoors.

I also need suggestions for bullet or dome cameras that offer similar value as the hikvision but also have an audio mic.

Computer Specs for Blue Iris:

The computer that will be running Blue Iris will be a Dell XPS 8500 with an i7-3700 processor. Will this be enough to handle all these cameras? I will be doing a mixture of continuous recording and motion triggered continuous recording.

Likely it will be setup to record at 2mp and 15fps.

BlueIris Setup:

Is there a way I can make BlueIris act like an traditional analog dvr. I’m used to seeing all cameras at once and being able to rewind and fast forward prior footage. Right now BlueIris records each clip from each camera separately, which means I have to open each file to see the camera footage.

Also a way to backup or burn multiple cameras’ footage to the same dvd for viewing in a software would also be nice. I don’t know if this is possible.

Networking:

I will have all the IP cameras on separate switches from the main router. Only the Blue Iris pc and the cameras will be on these switches which tie back on to the main router. Is this ok for bandwidth?

This is the first time I’m doing this and would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks!