Shields

Analogue to IP

Hello

My CCTV drama continues.

I'm swapping a conventional CCTV system to IP.

I've set up the infrastructure, Samsung BNC to IP convertors, IP switches, Transmitters and receivers from building to building.

All was going well.

Rigged up a PTZ on one end and it transmitted to the other building no problem complete with telemetry.

Decided to bring one of the conventionals over to my transmitting room and we got wavy lines, like an earth problem.

Thought it might be a phase problem so ran an extension lead from the old control room and still the same problem.

Then I connected the camera to an old monitor in my transmitting room and had a perfect picture.

It seems that as soon as I connect a camera from the old security room to the Samsung IP converter it messes up.

The thing that does my head in is that the rigged up PTZ works fine through the Samsung.

This is a brain teaser.

Is there any picture or just horizontal junk?

I would try actually flipping the phase with a made up cable of some type.

If that is not successful try a BNC ground loop isolator.

Could it be a NTSC/PAL problem?

empak

We have found out the Samsung encoders are causing the problem.

We have tried Bosch but they are giving us a different problem Charlie Chaplin movements.

We tried ground loop isolators and still no joy.

I think we need to go for a Hybrid DVR

I have had good luck... great luck in fact... with Axis and Acti encoders.

Hi

I have got Acti and Axis encoders.

The Acti is giving a little interference.

The Axis is great but I can't get the PTZ to work. We are running Pelco P protocol but Axis doesn't have a Pelco P driver.

Also, when I updated the firmware, I couldn't access the encoder through explorer anymore.

Hello

My CCTV drama continues.

I'm swapping a conventional CCTV system to IP.

I've set up the infrastructure, Samsung BNC to IP convertors, IP switches, Transmitters and receivers from building to building.

All was going well.

Rigged up a PTZ on one end and it transmitted to the other building no problem complete with telemetry.

Decided to bring one of the conventionals over to my transmitting room and we got wavy lines, like an earth problem.

Thought it might be a phase problem so ran an extension lead from the old control room and still the same problem.

Then I connected the camera to an old monitor in my transmitting room and had a perfect picture.

It seems that as soon as I connect a camera from the old security room to the Samsung IP converter it messes up.

The thing that does my head in is that the rigged up PTZ works fine through the Samsung.

This is a brain teaser.

Hi, Maybe I have a simple solution for your problem,

there is a IP to BNC Converter Device, you can get rid of rebuilding coaxial cables

for your reference:

http://www.caeetech.com/ethernet-coaxial-cable-conventer.html

I'm using one of these for 2 IP cameras and its great.

Also, when I updated the firmware, I couldn't access the encoder through explorer anymore.

It may have reset to the default address of 192.168.0.90

It may have reset to the default address of 192.168.0.90

Nope, you need to use firefox. I had big problems with explorer once I updated the firmware

This is quite simple for Axis Q7401.

Make an account at axis website.

Go to the video server page and access the support section. There's a place where you can download a PTZ file for your video server. There's a lot of PTZ protocols and Pelco is there. You just have to check you firmware release to match the PTZ file.

At the video server you can go to the PTZ menu and load the PTZ file you donwloaded from Axis website.

You have to check your PTZ address (ID) and the serial baud rate (2400, 4800 or 9600), parity, bits and stop bits to match video server serial settings. You can change it on the encoder.

When you load a Pelco protocol file at Axis encoder the default settings is Pelco D (2400, N, 8, 1). At advanced PTZ settings you can change from D to P and at the Port configuration (serial) you can change the serial settings to match your PTZ settings.

If using Axis Q7401 encoder, at it's front panel you have a TX/RX 485 port you can put you serial cable coming from you PTZ equipment. Check if PTZ is receiving serial RS422 or RS485 to match the encoder settings.

This encoder is a great choice to go from analog to IP.

Regards!