mikleing

System with Most Powerful Mobile App

Hi,

I've spent more hours researching surveillance systems than I care to admit. I have listed a few features below that I'm looking for in a video surveillance system. I have not found a system that meets my wish list. Does any one know of a good system that has these features?

Mobile App

*[iMPORTANT] Multiple Channel Playback - Most mobile apps let you view multiple live cameras. Unfortunately, most apps I've seen do not let you view multiple cameras in playback mode. Seeing multiple cameras in playback mode is very important to me.

*[iMPORTANT] Saving Pictures - I want to be able to save pictures from the app to my phone or send them via email.

*Saving Video - I want to be able to select a certain range of video and then save it to my phone or send it via email.

NVR

*[iMPORTANT] POE Ports - I would love to have 16 POE ports on the NVR. At very least, I would like 8.

*High Resolution - I would prefer the system to record 1080p resolution.

Ultimately, I'm looking for a good system that is easy to monitor through a mobile app. I would love to see a system with a powerful mobile app that is responsive and fast.

Thanks for your help!

I can't say if it's the best app, but it sure is powerful in my opinion. And that would couple with Dahua NVR's and DVR's. I did this video a few weeks back on the app.

5RosdsxMGLo

Thank you! That app is great! And nice work on the video by the way, it was very informative! Does the app allow you to save video clips as well?

I really like the Dahua suite of products. The problem I have found is that their NVRs generally only have 4 - 8 POE ports. I have had difficulty finding a reliable router and POE switch set up. Do you know of a good router and POE switch to use with the Dahua NVR and cameras?

I did a quick video of multi channel playback since that is a big one for you and plus I wanted to try it too, lol.

xLbzDtQ20pQ

The dahua 16 poe is available from a couple vendors

http://www.securitycameraking.com/16-channel-elite-compact-series-59505-prd1.html

Also, playback can be recorded in the app as it's playing back. That's how it's saved to the device. You can't just choose to save a file, you have to record that file in the app to have a saved copy in your device. That's actually better because you can record only the clip you want from longer playback.

While Dahua is a good brand to go with, but I really don't like the web interface (they jammed too much things into it and no explanation of what some of the options does like anti-dither) and how difficult it is to find firmware updates (or even know if there's new firmware)