Having trouble with two local accounts today. Seems to be noip related. Anyone having trouble today with noip?

Yes

They are

they hope will be fixed soon

"We want to update all our loyal customers about the service outages that many of you are experiencing today. It is not a technical issue. This morning, Microsoft served a federal court order and seized 22 of our most commonly used domains because they claimed that some of the subdomains have been abused by creators of malware. We were very surprised by this. We have a long history of proactively working with other companies when cases of alleged malicious activity have been reported to us. Unfortunately, Microsoft never contacted us or asked us to block any subdomains, even though we have an open line of communication with Microsoft corporate executives."

DOH!! Thanks for that info man. Jeez, I never got that notification. Wonder how long it will take! Remote viewing down! Thanks again.

This has become a major ordeal. Can't even browse to noip right now. Hope this gets worked out. Microsoft really showed poor form, to put it mildly.

Still blocked, but they are back up and I switched mine to one that is not blocked, no problem. The NOIP domain names below are not being blocked. Just change to that and you are good. if you are not where you can access the remote system/cameras, you can get the IP address by logging into your account and seeing what it is since the updaters might still be working.

ddns.net

webhop.me

serveminecraft.net

ddnsking.com

onthewifi.com

Please read this:

viewtopic.php?f=19&p=250187#p250187

I wonder why it's OK to use 3rd party tools/services in a Closed Circuit television system. We're talking about security around here, privacy, private video feeds or more, not webcams pointed at bays, bars or something like this.

Closing the gap, what would happen in a DNS poison attack(or redirect by DNS) with MITM collaboration? A phising that would, silently, give access to surveillance systems that should provide "security".

Besides the fact that Microsoft did take an unannounced action(IMHO, a good move), what if all Video Security Systems that use NO-IP would've been compromised and redirected to others? Would you be happy to be exposed?

For years we used TZO.Com which is now DYN.com and paid the $25.00 per year for the service. Marked it up to our customers so we made a few dollars with no complaints about the cost for a "static" address.

For the past year we switched to NO-Ip because of the "free" service. i guess it is true that you get what you pay for and now will have to deal with a hundred customers that are calling because they can't see their cameras.

hope this gets resolved soon but seeing that its in federal court i doubt it.