Sign in to follow this  
dan732

Hikvision NVR not recording motion

I have a Hikvision NVR a DS-9616-NI that I have connected two Hikvision IP cameras to

(1) Hikvision DS-2CD2312 Firmware V5.1.0 build 131202 (US Version)

(1) Hikvision DS-2CD2332 Firmware V5.1.0 build 131202 (China Version, English language, it came that way)

The first camera, the DS-2CD2312 works fine, no issues, motion records with out a problem

However the DS-2CD2312 will not motion record, even though everything is setup the same as the first camera. It will display the camera on the NVR, it will record manually or on a schedule, but not through a motion event. Motion detect is selected and the area with the red squares is also selected as well

I have another DS-2CD2332, Firmware V5.1.0 build 131202 (china version) in a building next door, recording to a different Hikvision NVR, a DS-9016HFI, works fine, no issues. I even set that camera up as a third camera on the DS-9616-NI and it will also not motion record, can view, manual record, schedule record, but not motion.

Both NVRs are loaded with the latest firmware off of the Hikvision site (files dated 4/15/2014)

Should I reset to defaults to the DS-9616-NI and start over?

Or is there something I am overlooking?

I did setup the motion schedule for the entire week, the same as the first camera, which works flawlessly.

Could it be the China firmware? These do show the day of the week in Chinese, but I have that disabled.

Thank you

I figured it out, I updated the firmware on the camera to 5.1.2 and did the "hack". The camera works perfect now without any issues.