LUCKYARIES

PTZ cam does not work at night

Hi all

hope someone can help me I have a 7 inch ptz camera,works fine during day,does what it needs to do tilts,pans etc. resolution good.

However come night time resolution is very poor,broken and does NOT tilt ,pan etc. very strange

Im using a 100 ft 1/4 cable

thanks in advance

What brand of camera is it? Is it analog or IP?

Does it have IR illumination?

If so, I wonder if there is a power consumption issue when the IRs kick on.

This would especially make sense if its an ip camera and you're powering it over POE

You're really not answering the questions I'm asking in order to help you.

Does the camera have both a network cable and a power cable going to it?

It may be a power issue when the ir goes on.

It may be reflection back from the irs, by any chance is this camera viewing out through a window?

Thanks for your reply

it has a video and power cables connected to my dvr, I use a 100 ft outside cable, During daytime when ir are OFF it pans tilts etc resolution is perfect

At night when the Ir comes on resolution is broken in small little squares ,there is NO pan tilt or power

No it is not behind a window ,thus behind a widow would give you power to rotate the camera and the image would be blurry.In this case no movement control at night but you can can see an image with low low resolution, yes I believe the IR is using up the power suppply,hope this helps thanks

I would take the camera right to the dvr with known good cable and good power source. And then test

Everything about this says power supply problem to me.

I would also suggest bring the camera inside next to the DVR. This problem obviously isn't getting solved by leaving it where it is. Just try plugging the power supply directly into the PTZ without any additional cable. PTZ cameras have always been fidgety about power consumption relative the cable length.

What's the gauge of the coax and power cables? Are they both 100ft? What kind of cable are you using for the RS485 connection?

they are both 100 footers ,manufacture also told me to disconnect the video cable at night and reconnect it in morn ,but no diference and not sur on the gauge but looks the same as my other cameras (NOT PTZ)

they are both 100 footers ,manufacture also told me to disconnect the video cable at night and reconnect it in morn ,but no diference and not sur on the gauge but looks the same as my other cameras (NOT PTZ)

Disconnect video at night ......... That just means your supplier knows nothing.

You do need to post a picture or link to your camera ...... Nothing has been said about power size what cable used what data cable used

If camera is powered from dvr end or camera end

We need more that just saying powered from your dvr cables

Power supply used

Type of cable

Type of data cable

Power supply we need to know what size it is and if used only for prz or other cameras on it

Yeah the idea here is to determine why your picture goes to heck at night. This is the question you are asking for help with.

So that's the info we have to go on.

So we know that at night, your ir lights will kick on and now the camera will draw more power than during the day (and assumably the picture is fine during the day).

So the information needed in order to further help you is about the power feeding the camera.

Is there a power supply for the camera that sits by the dvr? If so what is the specs of this power supply. Right on the power supply it should say something like input 120vac and possibly output 12 VDC and it should give a number followed by an A or it may even say amps.

Also the gauge (thickness) of the wire going to the camera is helpful.

I'm assuming someone must have mounted this camera and should know enough to get this info.

Pictures would be a big help.

Thanks for your reply

the is a power supply by the dvr its 12o v , 12vdc and 1.2 amps thickness about 1/8 inch and 100 feet long

1228627954_distortedpic.thumb.jpg.c318f9a8559a7841a38bb5175ddfe1c4.jpg

1870248320_distortedpic.thumb.jpg.0c53dd03cc106f2567aee21660efbc44.jpg

thanks for your reply

the power supply by the dvr is 12vdc and 1.2 amps cable is 1/8 thick and 100 feet long hope this helps

thank You

Thanks for the reply.yesterday I bought a 5amp power adopter and no difference, I may have to try and hook up 3amp power adopter directly to the camera and lenghten the power cord a few feet and not use a 100 ft power line .

Further to this problem,I by passed the 100 ft video cable and hooked the power adopter to the camera ,that solved the problem.So it looks like the 100 ft wire cant properly transfer all the power needed to operate the camera at night

thanks all