claib

Design of System for Live Feed Only with PTZ

I am looking for some help and suggestions on setting up a new camera system.

Here is what I know I need so far. It will be live feed only, cannot and do not want to record. Looking at 3 cameras so need only a 4 channel unit. Need HD camera capabilities up to 1080. Also all cameras need to be PTZ, one of which needs to have a high optical zoom. Would like to go IP/POE to make cabling easier.

From the control standpoint I am looking for output to a smaller monitor/tv with the ability to view all four cameras at once. Need some way to control the cameras as well with a small footprint (remote or joystick).

Any thoughts or suggestions on a good place to look and purchase something like this? What is a good manufacture? Basically clueless when it comes to this so any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

I am looking for some help and suggestions on setting up a new camera system.

Here is what I know I need so far. It will be live feed only, cannot and do not want to record. Looking at 3 cameras so need only a 4 channel unit. Need HD camera capabilities up to 1080. Also all cameras need to be PTZ, one of which needs to have a high optical zoom. Would like to go IP/POE to make cabling easier.

From the control standpoint I am looking for output to a smaller monitor/tv with the ability to view all four cameras at once. Need some way to control the cameras as well with a small footprint (remote or joystick).

Any thoughts or suggestions on a good place to look and purchase something like this? What is a good manufacture? Basically clueless when it comes to this so any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

You will need some sort of VMS and a USB joystick. Check out BlueIris; it will take care of the 4 cams at once and the PTZ controlling.

For cameras, I would do Dahua PTZ. Many options, just check out there site and compare their offerings.

What's your budget? For PTZ control from a joystick, you'll need cameras with an RS485 port. The PTZ joysticks are relatively cheap, maybe a few hundred each. PTZ with RS485 ports may cost a little more, may $1,200 on the low end. You could get a small NVR from the company you get the cameras from and that will be cheap. You can even use it without putting a hard drive in it, but may need to disable the beeping that may happen when the HDD is missing.

PoE is tough. At best some smaller PTZ support PoE+ but then those don't tend to have RS485 ports.

Also, do you need the PTZ to have IR LEDs or not?

Budget it around $6k-$7k.

Looking more for a hardware system than computer based. Going to be used for monitoring only the live feed and need to keep it as slim and user friendly as possible.

Would a setup like this work for what I am looking at?

https://www.123securityproducts.com/snc-550.html

https://www.123securityproducts.com/nsr-1050h-1t.html

https://www.123securityproducts.com/ipdesktopusb.html

Thanks for all of your help!