octaviang

Trying to choose a NVR for 10to15 3mp IP cameras

Hello,

I want to install some IP cameras on our company's production (80m*40m building), need about 10-15 cameras, for indoor and outdoor surveillance.

i just ordered 4 pcs of DS-2CD2032-I from aliexpress. Will order some more soon, maybe other models.

What i am not sure about is what NVR to buy. POE is not neccesary because i will connect to the cameras separate cable for power.

First i was willing to buy DS-7616NI-VP or DS-7616NI-SE/P, but these are limited to 8-ch sync playback. (is this meaning that they can't play more that 8 camera's steams on the output?). But i would like to have al the cameras on view.

After, i found this - DS-7916N-E4 ( http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=DS-7916N-E4&catId=&initiative_id=SB_20140723210736 ), but these are sold only by one seller, and i can't find any info in english on the internet for this model, i can't even find it of the manufacturer's site. The description of it is very good - 16 sync playback, support of 100mbps incoming bandwidth(compared to 80mbps for the 2 models above) and has 4 sata interfaces(compared to only 2 interfaces for the above ones).

So, i am very interested in DS-7916N-E4 but not sure, because i can't find any info for it.

Does it even have english interface, software?

Maybe this was a bad model and was withdrawed from the market?

I see everybody is ordering the DS-7616NI-VP or DS-7616NI-SE/P, even if at the same price you can get(?) a better DS-7916N-E4.

Please suggest me what NVR to get.

Usually sync play is just one particular feature that allows you to view across multiple cameras to see an event play out amongst those cameras. Sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing but it would be like, lets say someone got into a hallway and did some damage and then on to other halls and rooms, you have a camera in each of the areas. You can select up to 8 cameras in sync play for a particular time frame and watch the whole event as it played out across those cameras.

The NVRs that you have mentioned are not typically sold in the US. Hikvision manufactures and sell it products all over the world but only so many are configured for sale in the US. Currently there are 6 NVRs offered from Hikvision (per my latest product guide).

DS-7604NI-SE/P

DS-7608NI-SE/8P

DS-7716NI-SP/16

DS-9616NI-ST

DS-9632NI-ST

DS-9664NI-ST

The best option would be the DS-7716NI-SP/16, around 900 with hard drive installed and will power all of your cameras over PoE to save on cable/equipment cost. you had the right idea looking into Hikvision products. I would have recommended these to begin with. They are the best value and I have installed a bunch of their products over the last two years.

The best option would be the DS-7716NI-SP/16, around 900 with hard drive installed and will power all of your cameras over PoE to save on cable/equipment cost. you had the right idea looking into Hikvision products. I would have recommended these to begin with. They are the best value and I have installed a bunch of their products over the last two years.

That's too expensive.

I live in Europe, Moldova.

I found that DS-7916N-E4 is for chinease market, and im not sure if it's software supports english. Waiting for reply from our chinease friends to find out.

If not, i'll get a http://www.aliexpress.com/item/16CH-UP-To-5MP-Hikvision-NVR-DS-7616NI-SE-N/1876676790.html and it will suit my needs. I dont want POE, ill put sepparate cables for power supply. Ill have long distances to cameras ~50-100 meters(150-300 feet) so if i choose PoE ill need to get some PoE repeaters, switches and so on. For the distance with the UTP cable ill put simple switches or routers. I'm just getting into this, not sure yet, need to learn some more about networking.

Also, i think to get 2x Western Digital Purple 4Tb. I found that they are good, and designed for 24/7 surveillance.

First it would be a mistake going 16 Poe from nvr

I'm not using PoE at all. I said i'll put separate cable for power.

How can i find out if the Hikvision series 7600 are compatible with WD Purple 4 Tb HDD?

Acoording to the description of the NVR it supports 2x HDDs up to 4 Tb each.

Can i be sure that the are going to be compatible?

Yeah you'd be fine with those as long as the unit handles the size.

First it would be a mistake going 16 Poe from nvr

Look at avermedia 16 or dauha if in Europe

I am looking at the Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16

Why would it be a mistake?