milkisbad

HD TVI press release by Hikvision

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Press-Release-details.asp?id=2660

Very interesting...clears up some mystery of HD TVI...hopefully its as good as it sounds, especially about the PTZ control via coaxial part:

" In addition, the Turbo HD Analog solution supports UTC for remote set-up and configuration, and enables control of the OSD menu and PTZ control via coaxial cable. This means that users no longer have to go to the camera to make changes and enables much faster and easier camera installation and management."

The DVR is suppose to be Tri-brid too (analog, hdtvi, and IP capable) ...if only it was HD SDI capable too.

The DVR is suppose to be Tri-brid too (analog, hdtvi, and IP capable) ...if only it was HD SDI capable too.

I would sincerely hope that Hikvison follows in Dahua's footsteps and ensures that the Tribrid is not the only option as a DVR. That's going to force a good number of people to pay for features they don't need/want.

BTW, I just recently saw some Tribrid DVRs compatible with Analog, HDSDI, and IP. I wish I could remember where I saw it.

Thanks, MilkIsBad. Please keep posting such news.

I keep monitoring this kinds of technology with a keen interest.

Great, thanks milkisbad

so the for example the DS-8116HQHI-SH , which is a 16ch 1080p model can support a total of 18 cameras, is that correct?

16 HD-TVI and 2 x IP

beware of the hd-tvi recording frame rate at 1080p . I see hikvision specs are vague

like when a mfg. wants you to assume its 1080p @ 30fps .

i think 1080p hd-tvi max's out at 12 fps. from what I can find ,

dahua's hd-cvi can record 1080p @ 30fps .its clearly visible in the specs.

also dahua's tribrid supports all channel ip camera's as well as hd-tvi & 960h.

the hybrid that does hd-sdi , 960h & ip is the freedom series from 123security.

seems like a pretty decent unit but it is not dahua or hikvision . its unitek

which is powertech .

hope that clears things up a bit .

I did see somewhere lastnight a " QUADBRID " coming soon .

not sure if it includes cvi or tvi .

I will try to locate it again .

found it .

its going to be called Magic Quattro (all hybrid) .

powertech website says

coming soon !

at the bottom of the dvr page

http://powert.net/

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Press-Release-details.asp?id=2660

Very interesting...clears up some mystery of HD TVI...hopefully its as good as it sounds, especially about the PTZ control via coaxial part:

" In addition, the Turbo HD Analog solution supports UTC for remote set-up and configuration, and enables control of the OSD menu and PTZ control via coaxial cable. This means that users no longer have to go to the camera to make changes and enables much faster and easier camera installation and management."

found it .

powertech website says

coming soon !

Do u believe Powertech build their DVR ?

I don't

beware of the hd-tvi recording frame rate at 1080p . I see hikvision specs are vague

Maybe you are right in that only 12 fps can be transmitted over the limited bandwidth. 30 FPS could be too much for sending and receiving over a long distance cable without much degradation of the video signal.

Maybe you are right in that only 12 fps can be transmitted over the limited bandwidth. 30 FPS could be too much for sending and receiving over a long distance cable without much degradation of the video signal.

From what I have seen there's two models available from Hikvision (at least for the 16 channel)

a 1 U case which is 12 FPS/ch at 1080P, but 30 FPS for 720P and under (including WD1)

a 1.5 U case unit which is 30 FPS/Ch at 1080P, but its almost double the price of the 1 U case one.

For 4 and 8 ch one, its up to 12 FPS for 1080 P TVI.

I think its not the cable that is the limiting factor but the DVR...the live view of the DVR seems to be 30 FPS even on the 1 U case economical ones.

found it .

powertech website says

coming soon !

Do u believe Powertech build their DVR ?

I don't

im really not 100% positive but my friend and I are researching a system for his house .

he is into over researching everything . he was interested in a hybrid dvr called the

freedom series from canal alarm aka 123security . as we all know , many supply houses

have manufacturers rebadge or relabel their products with a supply house specific brand

name . canal alarm has cantek as their house brand . some of their cantek products are

made by dahua . but some cantek stuff is made by other mfg.

on the bottom of the downloadable spec sheet for the cantek freedom series dvr it says

http://www.unitekcctv.com . my friend says the supply house told him unitek is mfg. by powertech.

I see the dvr on the powertech website .

does anyone know different ?

dahua claims no problem up to 500m if you use solid core rg59.

I saw hd-cvi working flawlessly through a 1000' spool of 59.

im told cvi is basically like p2p . so there is no delay or buffering

between the cam & dvr .

captainvideo and milkisbad,

From your comments, I can say that over a solid copper of RG59, 1080P X 30FPS video in HD-CVI signal can be received OK as preview seems to be in 30FPS. That's good. But chances are you may have to upgrade the old cable that could be a no brand, cheap cladding one.

The reason why different prices for 12 FPS/30FPS recording can be explained. They could be using different Compression Chipsets, cheap one or expensive one, but powerful.

I received the HD DVR with TVI cameras a few weeks ago and been testing before release, and honestly, it is amazing, i have Analog, TVI, IP all hooked up and the Quality of it is amazing. I also received the Dahua ones but i think HikVision beat them for the quality test.

For the 1080P settings, i can confirm that it is only up to 12FPS but 720P is 30FPS. But i have had it set to 1080P at 12FPS, when i go to playback, it freaking actually looks as if it has recorded in 30FPS. But over all its great. I have not received the HD-TVI PTZ yet but will next week and let you guys no. but i have put an IP PTZ and works flawlessly.

Also the IRs on the HD_TV are really amazing.

Hi abdelm01 ,

What IP camera are you using?

I would like to know if will work with a Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I?

Hi abdelm01 ,

What IP camera are you using?

I would like to know if will work with a Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I?

I have tried numerous IP cameras.

Yes. I just tested (DS-2CD2132-I) to make sure and works perfectly.