danester

best setup over fiber network?

I am installing a 10 cameras(1080p 3mp) in a neighborhood. We have already installed fiber to all the homes and now we are going to setup cameras. We have a 1 GB internet connection to use for the cameras. what is the best possible setup as far as settings go.

Frame rate 30 fps?

Bit rate?

I interval?

H.264

looking at this setup from costco

Q-See 16 Channel HD NVR Security System with 4TB HDD and 16 3MP HD IP Cameras

any suggestions are really appreciated, thanks!

I am installing a 10 cameras(1080p 3mp) in a neighborhood. We have already installed fiber to all the homes and now we are going to setup cameras. We have a 1 GB internet connection to use for the cameras. what is the best possible setup as far as settings go.

Frame rate 30 fps?

Bit rate?

I interval?

H.264

looking at this setup from costco

Q-See 16 Channel HD NVR Security System with 4TB HDD and 16 3MP HD IP Cameras

any suggestions are really appreciated, thanks!

What is the operational requirement?

Are you looking at vehicles (speed?), licence plates, faces?. How good is the lighting?

How much storage do you have and how long are you going to retain images?

Are there any privacy issues that need to be considered?

How are you going to download images for evidence?

Ilkie

Ilkie has excellent questions, I would add to that who will have access to the views and recording equipment? On top of that you almost never need 30fps. I find that 8-15 fps is more than adequate for 99% of situations.

The cameras are in a neighborhood, so yes there are cars and people in view of the cameras. the cameras will be outdoor with minimal street lighting.

As far as who is viewing it and any privacy/masking, I already know and have that info. thanks.

The cameras are in a neighborhood, so yes there are cars and people in view of the cameras. the cameras will be outdoor with minimal street lighting.

As far as who is viewing it and any privacy/masking, I already know and have that info. thanks.

Hi danester,

The specific answers to the questions raised will guide you in the set up of the cameras. Without these answers any response will be guesswork.

Ilkie

How will they be powered, from individual houses?

I agree that 15fps should be plenty.

Also using h.264 will reduce file size.

I don't need a guide setting up the cameras, I have setup many camera systems. how they are powered has absolutely nothing to do with I frame rate, fps, bit rate etc. If you can't give me an answer to the actual questions I originally asked then please stop asking me questions that I am not looking for answers to. I already know what I will use for these settings, I just want a second or third opinion. if that's too hard for you to do, then please don't post anything. at the rate we are going, you will be asking what color the sky is before you can give an answer to my original post, you also asked what the storage capacity is, it's in the original post.

Wow, chill out man.

You're the one asking if you should use 30fps.

I know very well that how they're powered has no effect on those settings. I asked it just as a friendly question because I was curious of how your project was being set up.

You asked vague questions and people hear we're trying to help. Sometimes it takes questions to answer questions.

But you have been vague and rude to those questions. Did you just put up this post so we can be amazed by your wonderful skills.