Sign in to follow this  
Jasonadmin

EDVR D1 Upgrade

Hello CCTV Forum.

I am a new member and a total noob to CCTV. I have been asked by my boss to install more cameras on our current security system. The problem I have is currently the system we have seems a little choppy. The DVR supports 120fps is that a good rate? I need to know if my DVR is good enough to use and upgrade cameras/install more or if I should look into a new system all together? Here is my DVR [http://kertamulyasejahtera.com/?p=494] EDVR D1. I work for an aircraft repair station and we have 2-3 hangars that need surveillance. We currently have 2 (EDVR D1) DVR's; one has 8 cameras and the other one has 4. If I can add a few cameras and keep the old ones and slowly replace them as needed that would be idea. But I don't want to put money into a system that is antiquated. The cameras look pretty old and have no way to id them. From what I can tell from reading the forum there is 2 types to go for. Stand alone or server based. The cameras are outdoors. Budget is not determined yet as I would need to know If what we have needs to be replaced. We had some vandals out side of our area but still on the airport break a lock. The only thing our cameras could see is a White SUV driving by. I told my boss that and he asked me if I could send him an email of the picture. With the current set up I was not able to do so. Thanks in advance

EDVRD1p.jpg.f93e43ee93be9bbbf723a793e1a9ec73.jpg