Sign in to follow this  
brucelipkiss

Video Transmission fast on dyndns , but slow on Cloud

Hello friends ,

From long we have been using dyndns as the provider for using dynamic ip on host name .

Since cloud technology has come over , we stated using cloud to connect our dvr and view online without

the hastle of port forwarding or static ip issues , connecting to cloud is piece of cake , with just using serial

number and register at xmeye.net and there u go , but the speed of the video is so so slow , at the same time

when i compare it to the dyndns at the same place , the speed is awesome even in main stream and extra .

Someone please tell me if this is the issue with XMeye.net or can i use other cloud services too ? Would be

great if someone can help me out . Thank you

First off I'll admit I'm no cloud expert but it would make sense to me that going the cloud route would be slower as you are going through a service rather than right to your dvr as is with ddns

I did a quick look into the cloud setup and it seems there is some bandwidth throttling that can be set to account for different Internet connections. Is it possible tour settings are not correct there?