Sign in to follow this  
BeachCCTV

Q-See QT vs. QC? Mobile apps.

I've had 2-3 different camera/DVR systems in homes over the years. I currently have an older Q-See 8 channel with D1 quality. It is a DT model and I love everything about it, except I want to upgrade to IP/POE and 3MP quality.

The best thing I like about the DT model is the Q-See DT View mobile app for the iPhone. 99% of my viewing and playback is on an iPhone, since I travel a lot. This is a residential system. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a better mobile app that integrates both real-time and playback into the same app.

I considered switching to another Q-See NVR with 3MP capability, but it is a QC model. Does anyone know why Q-See has two lines (QT and QC) and why the mobile apps for QC (the higher end models) are crap? It is really unfortunate. It looks like the best I could do is a QT848 with 1080p (not 3MP) and 8 cameras if I want to still be able to use their DT View mobile app. Otherwise, I need to switch to a less than desirable mobile app. The nice thing about QT View is it can display 8 cameras and recorded search/playback is a breeze.

Is there another manufacture with a better mobile app that I am missing? There are a lot of good IP mobile apps, but they don't necessarily interface to the NVR playback.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

I looked at the Duhua, but the mobile app is a dog. Unless I am missing something, the mobile app only shows four cameras. It also looks like it was built as a college science fair project. The Q-See QC View is also a total dog of an app, hence why I am leaning to the QT View app and the lower end camera systems (QT).

Other thoughts?