Sign in to follow this  
phewitt123

CCTV Camera Address?

Hello,

I have bought a used CnM Digital Video Recorder and 4 CnM CCTV camera's. I mounted the 4 cameras and connected them to the DVR and each camera apprears on the screen, however I cannot control any of the cameras through the PTZ address options as their is no manual for the cameras. The DVR manual says the address must correspond to the camera's address but I cannot find out the camera's address?

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Do these cameras have RS-485 connections or is it controlled via Ethernet? Do you know what protocol each camera is supposed to use?

If they are RS-485 and you have no wires going to the RS-485 connector, that would be the first thing to get done. Most RS-485 cameras have little dip switches to set the address for each camera.

If they are Ethernet, there is probably a software menu on the camera where you can change the address and protocol.

Thanks,

The DVR is a kit, came with 2 cameras which are connected with BNC connectors to the back of the DVR, pictures appear on the screen and the PTZ software settings ask for channel, address, baud rate, protocol etc. DVR manual says the cameras need addressing or they wont work.

Not sure what to do next?

Thanks

Thanks,

The DVR is a kit, came with 2 cameras which are connected with BNC connectors to the back of the DVR, pictures appear on the screen and the PTZ software settings ask for channel, address, baud rate, protocol etc. DVR manual says the cameras need addressing or they wont work.

Not sure what to do next?

Thanks

Hi. Nothing you can do unless you go buy a PTZ CAMERA.

PTZ menu is part of the GUI ( screen menu) and will only work with a PTZ

Normal cameras you have no control over