Sign in to follow this  
Gesualdo

I need advice please

I need to update and expand my system. I have an old 4 camera analog system. I am looking to add at least 2 more cameras now and and replace the DVR and replace others later to all Megapixel cameras. I am looking at 8 channel dvr's. I do not want to replace the Siamese cables or the existing cameras at this time. With a moderate budget of $1500 would it be wiser to go with a hybrid IP/analog dvr and use baluns over the existing Coax, or go with analog/HD-TVI/IP or Analog HD-CVI/ IP setup to use the existing cameras and add IP new ones over cat6 cable upgrading the existing to CVI or TVI Cameras later. I have not found a dvr that will allow me to convert to all channels IP and still have the 4 analog for now. From what I understand IP give me higher MP cameras where HDTVI and HDCVI limit the resolution to 2mp.

Direction in which way to go would be. appreciated.

Need:

8 channel dvr with 4 analog to upgrade to all MP

option1:

8 channel Hybrid IP analog DVR

option2:

8 Channel Hybrid Analog/HDCVI/IP DVR

Tribrid DVRs (analog, HDCVI/HDTVI, IP) are definitely the better way to go. I wouldn't even be considering a Hybrid (analog, IP) anymore now that Tribrids are readily available and have more processing power. I actually think that Hybrids are going to start being phased out if they don't start making them more powerful.

Whether you choose a model for HDCVI or HDTVI is entirely up to you. I'm more partial to Dahua than Hikvision, so I'd personally opt for HDCVI, but that's me and I honestly don't think it will make a difference as far as quality is concerned.

Make up your mind now though about which type of HD camera you want to upgrade to later. It'll help to avoid running new cable later instead of just using existing cable at that time. I stick with IP whenever it's in the budget.

Thanks, I was going to run cat 6 to the new ones and may change them out later 1 at a time. Any recommendations on specific dvr. I was looking at the dahua hcvr7808.

A few questions though ?

1- What format are the video file recorded in?

2- what resolution playback? 1080 correct?

3- What is the largest IP camera resolution mp?

4- limit to frames rate per camera? or overall? 240 ?

where to get in US?

1. Video is backed up in the DAV format but can be backed up in either DAV or ASF

2. You are correct, 1080p playback

3. Tribrids support up to 3MP for sure. It didn't like it when I tried 5MP

4. Up to 1080p real time recording

As far as where to get it: http://goo.gl/3koh6S

I've been warned three times now about Nelly's Security apparently completely lacking in customer support so my advice is to be careful about what you purchase from them.