iJackWilson

CCTV File Format Problem?

I have been asked to review footage from an Alien DVR CCTV system. I copied the required footage to a usb stick then copied on to my PC (Windows 8.1 Pro), however when I open windows explorer to view the footage my PC won't recognise it as a valid file type. When I go to properties it says the file is an .mp4 (which is pretty common so I don't know why it's not working). I've also tried to convert to another file type using handbrake but that wouldn't recognise the file types either.

Any help is appreciated.

The best thing is configure it. But in some cases compatibility is the issue. Always be wary of people selling stuff door to door, as a number are rip-off artists. Aside from Girl Scouts attempting to get individuals addicted to diabolically addicting cookies, there are numerous door-to-door frauds out there.

Police Evidence Converter Module

This software is capable of converting the proprietary H264 encoded video from an entry level Alien or AlienPro DVR into WMV, AVI or Real Media files. Playback of WMV files requires Media Player 9 or above. Playback of AVI files via Windows Media Player requires the DivX codec. The following configurations have been tested and confirmed working for AVI playback ...

Windows 2000, Media Player 9, DivX 6.8.4

Windows XP, Media Player 9, DivX 6.8.4

Windows XP, Media Player 10, DivX 6.8.4

The following configurations have been tested and confirmed working for WMV playback ...

Windows XP, Media Player 9

Under the free tools tab.

http://aliendvr.com/support/tools/

The best thing is configure it. But in some cases compatibility is the issue. Always be wary of people selling stuff door to door, as a number are rip-off artists. Aside from Girl Scouts attempting to get individuals addicted to diabolically addicting cookies, there are numerous door-to-door frauds out there.

This wasn't a door-to-door sale, it was a security company we paid to install it.

Police Evidence Converter Module

This software is capable of converting the proprietary H264 encoded video from an entry level Alien or AlienPro DVR into WMV, AVI or Real Media files. Playback of WMV files requires Media Player 9 or above. Playback of AVI files via Windows Media Player requires the DivX codec. The following configurations have been tested and confirmed working for AVI playback ...

Windows 2000, Media Player 9, DivX 6.8.4

Windows XP, Media Player 9, DivX 6.8.4

Windows XP, Media Player 10, DivX 6.8.4

The following configurations have been tested and confirmed working for WMV playback ...

Windows XP, Media Player 9

Under the free tools tab.

http://aliendvr.com/support/tools/

Thanks for explaining, but the link took me to a storage calculator on their website?

It is the AlienPod we have for compactness, and it records in h.264 so I'm looking into the probability of that being the fault.

Thanks for explaining, but the link took me to a storage calculator on their website?

Hit the "Free tools" tab.

Sorry, that was just me derping and not seeing the tab on the page, thanks!