Sign in to follow this  
iamabearsfan

New to technology. Need help on system for surrviellance

All:

First thanks for taking the time to help me out. I will try to keep this short, but the some of these details are important. I am in a pickle of a problem and hopefully there is someone out there that can help me.

I recently took a lease for a 3K square foot training facility. Part of the offering is to have experience rooms that students go into to work on a complex problem. While in there though, they are supposed to be monitored by up to 3 different facilitators. There are six experience rooms.

For this project I went to Frys and got some bad information from the rep there. Bottom line is he sold me a couple Swann systems and told me that the facilitators could use the web interface to watch the images and hear the students. He was half right. Video comes thru fine, but not the audio. And there are no plans from Swann to pass audio thru to the web/or ipad apps. You can only get audio via a native connection to the DVR.

So to summarize, here are my high level requirements:

1) I need a 1080P solution that can support at least 6 cameras and 6 separate sound inputs.

2) On the observation side, I need to have up to 3 people have the ability to select any of these video feeds and hear the real-time audio a the same time.

3) Ideally I would like to not have to rerun all of the cables I have done. Even better would be able to re-use the cameras since I am not sure I will be able to return the system to Frys since it has been several months since I bought the system.

This is a brand new family business and having to redo/or spend more $ is not going to help us....but it is what it is.

This business is in Naperville, IL (West burb of Chicago). If you or you know someone who can help with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help....

Dave