Sign in to follow this  
snapshot44

Swann dvr 1500 remote access help

Hi all, I had help off a swann tech expert who configured my cctv setup, he assured me when I'm at my remote location just use the remote IP address and you will see your cameras, and.....no cameras can't see anything what I want know is now I'm at my remote location will I still be able to/ & how can I view my camera feed. Any help appreciated

Are you talking about from a computer at work or something similar? Or from a smart phone? I am not sure what they told you about you're ip, I am assuming you know your DVR's ip address, or at least the ip address of the location where the dvr is. (It is not you're local ip which is something like 168.192.0.1) Again, I don't know if you know this info, so I am just getting you started here... if you go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ from the network the dvr is on, write that number down. That will be the ip you need. Then, if you are behind a firewall, or have more than one device, such as a pc or two on that network, your DVR will have an ip address that the router gives it. You can find that by logging into the router web page, and looking for connected devices, but that will only give you the local ip for the DVR... It would simplify things to install Swanns dvr software on the remote system if possible, then it would be a snap to view... Connecting directly to a remote ip from a browser is complicated if that ip is behind a firewall. You have to set that up in the router, giving you're remote pc specific permission to access it...

I hope this helps get you in the right direction... Let me know.

jag