martin68

do HD-SDI cameras have both HD digital and SD analog output

I have noticed from many pictures of HD-SDI cameras they they have a red power connector, plus a green and yellow bnc plug, does this mean they have standard analog video out (yellow) as well as digital HD (green) ?

if so, would it then be possible to connect the HD green plug to a SDI DVR for recording, while viewing live camera pictures via the yellow plug in standard definition on an analog monitor?

Also could satellite 75ohm shotgun cable be used to run both green and yellow signals to the dvr and monitor?

I have noticed from many pictures of HD-SDI cameras they they have a red power connector, plus a green and yellow bnc plug, does this mean they have standard analog video out (yellow) as well as digital HD (green) ?

if so, would it then be possible to connect the HD green plug to a SDI DVR for recording, while viewing live camera pictures via the yellow plug in standard definition on an analog monitor?

Also could satellite 75ohm shotgun cable be used to run both green and yellow signals to the dvr and monitor?

Not all HDSDI cameras have both, but a lot of them have a female BNC connector for both SD analog and HDSDI; some just have bare leads for analog instead of a BNC connector. If I had to guess, I would say the big reason for this is for installers to be able to continue using their standard testers with HDSDI cameras.

I don't see why there'd be a problem with using both simultaneously. That's virtually the same thing that's happening when a tester is being used with them.

I have no idea about your cable. I'm not familiar with it.

I have one camera on a system set up that way for customer, HDSDI goes to the DVR and the standard analogue output goes to a Spot monitor

I wouldnt use satelite cable, yes its 75ohm but the connectors wont fit properly on the BNC crimps, are you talking about the mini twin stuff?