IdahoMan

Siamese Cable...audio?

Hi.

I'm going to be running a cable straight from a raw DVR board to a raw board camera. No connectors involved.

RG59, all copper, Siamese cable right? Home Depot or Lowes might have some locally, or do you all have a good brand? Burial-ready would be a plus.

Lastly, what about audio? I'm assuming I'll need to run a separate RCA cable for that..or can I get a cable that has all three (A/V & Pwr)?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

IM

You can purchase pre-made cable that will do power, video, and audio. The distance those pre-made lengths come in is limited to 150 feet...i think. If you need anything longer, you'll just have to run audio cable separately from your Siamese cable.

I wouldn't recommend a hardware store for RG59 cable as most of it I've come across is not solid copper and the quality control has been all over the place the last few years. Direct burial cable is very common and what you want, but I don't think anyone on here is going to advocate burying the cable without the use of conduit (PVC, etc...).

This all only applies if we're talking about standard def or HDSDI setups. Other HD analog types (AHD/HDCVI/HDTVI) run audio thorugh the same coax that's transmitting your video feed.

Thank you for the reply.

BTW, I don't think I have seen a micro/board pinhole camera in HD analog.

HDSDI might have something like this available, but I'm almost positive AHD/HDCVI/HDTVI do not as they're all still pretty new to the market.

I don't see why this conversation headed towards HD over caox. The OP is asking for an analog solution.

There is no solid copper cable on the market with an extra coax/rca run for audio. Your only choice is a premade security camera cable if you are looking for an all-in-one solution like the following:

http://www.123-cctv.com/camera-cable/150ft-siamese-cable.html

Once you cut the premade ends, you simply have to solder them directly in to the camera and the DVR board. I would also be interested to see what sort of connections you have on your camera and DVR board.

Thanks.

Found a helpful site here: http://www.pacificcabling.com/Information/Information_other/CCTV_cable_choice.htm

The RG6 would be nicer than the RG59 (as long as the center was solid copper and the braid 95% copper), as it is a larger wire-size and impedance closer to 75%. But I want siamese (I know I won't find audio) and there is no siamese RG6.

centralalarms,

That link you gave me would really work well for some temp setups around the house (like the bird box). I went to order it and then it slapped a $23.00 S&H charge as I was imputing my order, so for-get them!

what to do if monitor shows only blue screen for camera 3 & 4 and there is a capital L displayed model Model: SY14Q5144C-A(sylvania)

sorry for posting here, I couldn't figure out how to post a new post.

Use multipair telephone or data cable intended for direct burial and use a balun on the video (and if you need to, audio) pair(s). Double or triple up remaining pairs for power to each camera.

What is used for mobile cctv? Like for back-up cameras or motor-home security where vibration would be an issue?

If RG59 is solid copper it could break.

What is used for mobile cctv? Like for back-up cameras or motor-home security where vibration would be an issue?

If RG59 is solid copper it could break.

Any mini, stranded center coax out there? Or should I use regular RCA? Problem is I need shielding .