Sign in to follow this  
aurmol

Outdoor Dome Camera Armour

I installed this dome camera outdoor and the 3 screws holding the body is only very thin.. one can just pull the whole dome cam off with one hand. How's your experience about installing dome camera outdoor? It appears bullet cam has metal base/body while dome camera has thin plastic case.. Have you come across metal dome cam? But since it is not good to mix different brand nvr and ip cam due to unable to control motion detect or even stream setting. Is it possible to put some kind of armor into an existing plastic dome camera?

I installed this dome camera outdoor and the 3 screws holding the body is only very thin.. one can just pull the whole dome cam off with one hand. How's your experience about installing dome camera outdoor? It appears bullet cam has metal base/body while dome camera has thin plastic case.. Have you come across metal dome cam? But since it is not good to mix different brand nvr and ip cam due to unable to control motion detect or even stream setting. Is it possible to put some kind of armor into an existing plastic dome camera?

What camera did you install? if you can pull it off with one hand you did something wrong...what did you screw it into?

Keep in mind that once someone gets to the camera, regardless of how strong you have it mounted they can just cover it with tape or spray...

Even using a long stick, you can take out the ball at center.. and the base all plastic with very thin screw hole and plate. I think it's supposed to be used indoor only? I have a bullet cam and the base is metal.. I think this is what those vandal proof dome camera with metal body is all about.. because it's metal? But they are bigger...

Edited by Guest

You're right, that camera is not "vandal-resistant" in any way. Your best bet would be to replace it with a "vandal dome" unit which is specifically designed to resist attempts to knock it down. Prepare to spend more money, of course... Alternatively, mount your existing camera way up high, well out of reach.

For those dome camera with IK10 or Vandal proof rating... how hard is the glass cover? Would it still break if you hit it with hammer? How hard is it really?

Hi friend,

*When you install the plastic dome camera, you will see three green plastic capsule with the screen, this is for the installation. You should use them.

*The dome include two parts, upper casing and lower casing. When install, should screw out and install the upper casing, then screw back with the lower casing.

*Sure the metal dome cameras. Have many different kinds.

*If you want to mix the different brand NVR and IPC, just both of the NVR and IPC support ONVIF.

*It depands on the casing of the dome camera. You can buy the metal casing dome camera. Or the vandal-proof dome camera.

May will help you.