icom102

HD SDI TVI CVI

Hi i am using HD SDI and was thinking of upgrading my cameras i have been told of this new TVI and CVI hd whats the difference or whats the best??

Hi i am using HD SDI and was thinking of upgrading my cameras i have been told of this new TVI and CVI hd whats the difference or whats the best??

There are several active threads on here related to this. I would take a look at what's already been said there.

The quick answer is that AHD, HDCVI, and HDTVI are all just about the same thing (or will be soon enough). If you're wanting to upgrade from HDSDI, the aforementioned options are not going to give you better image quality; in fact, it will be the exact opposite. An IP system should be your obvious decision if choosing to upgrade from HDSDI.

If you're after certain features/capabilities and not just image quality, list them out.

I was shown a new Hikvision turbo tvi camera and the guy said it was better than what i had whats the story with 4k CCTV is anyone doing it yet?

I was shown a new Hikvision turbo tvi camera and the guy said it was better than what i had whats the story with 4k CCTV is anyone doing it yet?

"The guy" is wrong in regards to image quality, but correct as it relates to every other aspect of the technology.

I've got a couple 4K cameras sitting here waiting to be tested but I haven't had time to get to them yet. I will be posting some samples and info on them once I get the chance. As of right now, I happen to think it's a stupid sales gimmick. The industry has long surpassed the 4K resolution.

Does anyone know if AHD or TVI can be wired using passive baluns? None of the suppliers are able to answer

when I ask the question they all seem to look worried and become speechless?

Does anyone know if AHD or TVI can be wired using passive baluns? None of the suppliers are able to answer

I've seen a lot of gimmicky sales pitches where people claim that you can. I know that CVI will work with them, but at a degraded quality. I've only tested one TVI camera with them with similar results, but that was a garbage camera and I'm not going to claim they're all the same. AHD is a total mystery to me.

I've seen a lot of gimmicky sales pitches where people claim that you can. I know that CVI will work with them, but at a degraded quality. I've only tested one TVI camera with them with similar results, but that was a garbage camera and I'm not going to claim they're all the same. AHD is a total mystery to me.

I'll be able to answer this in a couple of days. I have a house that I had pre-wired for an IP system, but due to cost over-runs on the build of the rest of the house, owner decided on a CVI system from Dahua. I already have their PTZ and a couple of the domes up, but I'm waiting on the electrician to put power in the closet where the DVR is, so the minute that's done I'll take some recorded video and stills and post them on their own thread

I had this email from one of the Chinese manufacturers and it appears that specific baluns are required for al the new analogue types and at a 2/3 distance I have yet to see these on the market bt I am told that Dynamic in Middlesborough will be bringing these in.

261847_1.jpg

I had this email from one of the Chinese manufacturers and it appears that specific baluns are required for al the new analogue types and at a 2/3 distance I have yet to see these on the market bt I am told that Dynamic in Middlesborough will be bringing these in.

261847_1.jpg

It makes sense that someone would produce something intended for the tech, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Frankly I would try and install with the existing baluns but not unless I had the newer ones available just in case. Based on what results I have heard the whole advantage of HD is lost by degraded signals which isn't surprising to me by way of a gut reaction.

If I knew how the inductance values affected transmission I might have a better understanding of what to expect but this manufacturer seems to indicate this is an important issue.

well, I guess we are going to find out in the next week or so if we need special baluns or not....I'll keep you guys posted.

well, I guess we are going to find out in the next week or so if we need special baluns or not....I'll keep you guys posted.

You need special baluns; I can promise you that. The standard passive video baluns I've tested with this stuff have produced video, but only at a fraction of what it's supposed to be.

You need special baluns; I can promise you that. The standard passive video baluns I've tested with this stuff have produced video, but only at a fraction of what it's supposed to be.

Sure u need special balun

TVI and CVI use up to 35-40 Mhz bandwidth

( NTSC up to ~5 Mhz )

( NTSC up to ~5 Mhz )

That sounds reasonable, so presumably, one would need true 75OHM BNCs when using coax...?

( NTSC up to ~5 Mhz )

That sounds reasonable, so presumably, one would need true 75OHM BNCs when using coax...?

Yep

so far 75 Ohm still here