HeadsUp

smallest router for 4 channel portable NVR

I am looking for the smallest router possible to match up to this 4 channel NVR pictured below

It will be vehicle mounted and must be 12 Volt DC powered

also need a very small 12 VDC converter to power a eSATA hard drive . anyone found a compact "regulated" converter to run HDD off a vehicle 12- 13 volt supply ?

any suggestions ?

thankyou kindly

674513011_miniNVR.jpg.aa6e62ff131ff0f9338d4865bc5653d7.jpg

anyone got ideas on the best way to set up 4 x 1080 P cameras in a vehicle with a compact DVR / NVR that will power up fast and record on to large capacity HDD ?

searched on google for small form factor router - came up with this:-

http://mil-embedded.com/news/rugged-small-form-factor-router-running-cisco-ios-released-by-x-es/

looks expensive and CISCO = EXPENSIVE.

What about the effects of vehicle motion if you intend using while vehicle moving- you would be better off with a SSD hard drive.

Yeah SSD are getting bigger and cheaper but I would like at least 3 terabyte for 4 cameras

4 x 1080 P cameras could use up to 320 meg per day in continuous driving

I currently have a 1 terabyte 2.5" laptop spec HDD recording from four analogue cams and have it mounted on rubber cushion mounts , its surviving overland four wheel drive in harsh terrain so far but I am looking forwards to the day in 1 - 2 years when we can hopefully get a 2 TB SSD for under $500 , they are currently $2500 each here.