secplus

I need a field monitor for HD-CVI

So, I have been installing Dahua's CVI systems at a rapid pace, 2 installs a week!!, but seriously, is a pain in the ass without a field monitor and none of my distributors have them available. Anyone here can help?

There aren't any available in the US market yet. Just network the DVR and use the app on your phone as a test monitor. Most of the new DVR's have QR codes so it should be easy to get connected.

What kind of HDCVI are you using? don't they have the 2-lead toggle?

There aren't any available in the US market yet. Just network the DVR and use the app on your phone as a test monitor. Most of the new DVR's have QR codes so it should be easy to get connected.

Yeah, an app for the DVR is what I have been using, but right now I'm on a project were we are upgrading old analog systems on 18 locations with anywhere between 16-32 cameras each location, and it's a pain.

The cameras I'm using is a Dahua OEM bullet 720p system.

http://www.dh-vision.com/index.php/hd-cvi-cameras/bullet-cameras/720p-1-2-9-1mp-cmos-3-6mm-bullet-354.html

Those are not Dahua oem HDCVI bullets. They are made from another factory. The oem bullets have a 2 lead wire that lets you convert the signal output to regular coax so it can be tested with a regular CCTV tester:

Unfortunately there is no other tester.

Hi ,Dear ,

I am Clare From Shenzhen ,selling cvi tester .Hope i can help you .

My skype is wang.clare4

Best regards

Clare

So, I have been installing Dahua's CVI systems at a rapid pace, 2 installs a week!!, but seriously, is a pain in the ass without a field monitor and none of my distributors have them available. Anyone here can help?

It is currently available. Please call 626-810-6300 to order one.

any uk sellers- of the item, I don't mean amazon which then gets the item from China or ebay - I mean a uk supplier that if item goes faulty it will be dealt with locally from the uk ie warranty etc.

If So please provide details via pm if you prefer- I have been in touch with a uk supplier but they wont have this item for a few more months yet.

any uk sellers- of the item, I don't mean amazon which then gets the item from China or ebay - I mean a uk supplier that if item goes faulty it will be dealt with locally from the uk ie warranty etc.

If So please provide details via pm if you prefer- I have been in touch with a uk supplier but they wont have this item for a few more months yet.

Have you contacted Security Dynamics in NW London about a CVI field test monitor?

I would save your money CVI is a dated format and only available from one manufacturer

Most UK dealers will not stock after 3 months

ref tommcctv comment- do you know of a suitable unit to provide poe/Ip tester as well as the fibre and coax - effectively looking for a 1 item tester instead of multiple units albeit if goes faulty on the main board then all your eggs are in 1 basket. I had the orange st895 or similar which did well but lacks poe for the ip cameras which is a pain resorting to linking up batteries etc-

Ref Numb-nuts- no I hadn't tried them - will give them a go - ps enjoyed your string a duct video you posted.

Regards jazzar.

Well frankly if what Ewan says is true, then you can afford to wait a couple months to see if what he predicts is just hot air or has any merit. Frankly I doubt Hikvision or Dahua will drop their TVI and CVI forats since they've invested millions in R&D and are unlikely to abandon their investments. Only time will tell. My money is on CVI (Dahua) also since installations with passive baluns can use existing wiring aswell as coax whereas TVL is Coax and SDI is coax too.

It is advisable to wait a while though, anyway I only know of two manufacturer that offer one of the HD analogue formats and thats HD SDI and frankly they are way too expensive to be worthwhile and won't do what you want.

Sometimes the tools we need aren't available so we have to make do. I have a great set of test equipment but nothing yet for HD SDI nor TVI nor even AHD or CVI and frankly we haven't even bothered to find out what the initials stand for let alone invested in special additional testers. Frankly I think HD SDI is aslo an old format now, we are experiencing either CVI or AHD with the occasional TVI.

Frankly I think that the progression of all these formats is quite disappointing and I have been asked to take a look at several IP systems that are bringing the LANs and internet to a standstill because whomever installed them had no idea about bandwidth requirements or a common issue is the installed didn't realise how to reseve IP addresses at the router or DHCP server. I do think that IP will wear the test of time though as it develops and as network speeds and bandwidths develop but it's not going to win universal acceptance just yet, I think that will take longer than the industry hopes.

There's been huge investments in R&D by many manufacturers and again they aren't likely to abandon their R&D investments easily.

Frankly I still prefer analogue for reliability, flexibility and price point. Yes I know it's not brilliant in comparison but it's improved significantly over that last few years and everything is in place and it's less bother than other formats for the immediate future at least. The rest is just a mish mash of formats that were designed by clever developers that have given no thought to the practical problems of installation. Why would they, they never have in the past?

Hikvision TVI cameras at least give you an analogue output at the camera so setting up can be done with a analogue FT monitor.

I feel your frustration about this because you want to do a good job for your clients and are prepared to invest in equipment which just isn't available yet.

Until third party FT meters are available, and don't hold your breath waiting, it shoul be upto the manufacturers to facilitate setting up their cameras by providing an analogue output.

ref tommcctv comment- do you know of a suitable unit to provide poe/Ip tester as well as the fibre and coax - effectively looking for a 1 item tester instead of multiple units albeit if goes faulty on the main board then all your eggs are in 1 basket. I had the orange st895 or similar which did well but lacks poe for the ip cameras which is a pain resorting to linking up batteries etc-

Ref Numb-nuts- no I hadn't tried them - will give them a go - ps enjoyed your string a duct video you posted.

Regards jazzar.

Glad you enjoyed it get a lenngth of water pipe and try it yourself its great fun

Dahua make a Tester for CVI but you can switch most CVI to Analogue there Is pair cables you can twist together

Yeah I heard this too, you simply short out the pair and use the CVI output as analogue!

Please see here last type of HDCVI Tester with Touch and a support for Ip onvif cameras and alot of network tools : https://www.a2t.ro/monitor-supraveghere/tester-cctv-hdcvi-ip-analog-3-5-inch-touchscreen.html