Sign in to follow this  
UK1872

System requirement questions

I'm setting up some Escape Rooms and need guidance on the CCTV set-up I'll need. An escape room is a room wherein teams attempt to find clues, solve puzzles, decipher codes in order to find the key which allows them to escape.

I will have two such rooms which I will have to monitor simultaneously, hence the need for CCTV. I know I'll require a camera in each room with audio, sited on the ceiling and focussed on the table where the puzzles will be laid out so I can monitor progress and supply clues via a PC monitor sited in the room when necessary. Beyond that I'm clueless as to what sort of system to install and would really value some guidance.

Further Information: I won't need to record anything. The rooms will be well lit so IR won't be necessary. The ability to zoom might be useful though the ceiling height will be only 8 feet or so and, depending on the resolution and image quality, the puzzles may be viewable from that height. Color rather than black and white would be nice. I presume I'll have to connect to a power source so wireless isn't an option? I'm unsure whether a single monitor would allow me to view the feeds or whether two will be necessary. If only a single monitor is necessary would the audio change automatically as I select each video feed? Would a dedicated monitor be necessary or can feeds be viewed on a PC monitor which is simultaneously being used for other purposes?

These are all the questions I can think of now and I'd be truly grateful for any advice anyone can offer.