Sign in to follow this  
asd123

help help

i forgot my 10,000 in college.my college has CCTV camera installed everywhere but it is 7 story building. i wonder how may days footage they may have ? incident happened 9 days before. so can i get that footage or it was lost? i m asking in general how many days storage college has in India ?

pls help me..

Edited by Guest

Stop it all of you...

We cannot tell you how many days recording they have since we don't know the DVR they are using, or Hard Drive size, or anything.. get us more information and we can help you better..

Stop it all of you...

We cannot tell you how many days recording they have since we don't know the DVR they are using, or Hard Drive size, or anything.. get us more information and we can help you better..

There are dumb questions.... he cant "get you more information"

you cannot estimate the amount of recording time unless he gives you a complete detailed spec list of not only the entire system, but the system settings as well...thats not gonna happen...it would be much easier to go to security and ASK..

Regardless of the DVR (s) or the HDD capacities which are relative to the lenght of time they will hold recording, but there is also the type of recording settings to the cameras. If they are ALL set to record continuous then it would be aLOT less than if they were set to record only on detection of movement in one of two or more ways either through pixel changes or from PIR devices (alarms) or switches attached to doors etc.

In a place like a college it will be almost impossible to estimate so the only way you are going to know it to try and recover the footage you require as quickly as possible. It may be that the system has fallen into disuse or it may be that they take regular DVR backups at regular intervals (which in my opinion may well be the case) In that case, you may well be lucky or unlucky according to whichever is appropriate, since people don't always reveal their TRUE motives on here. Lets just give you the benefit of believing waht you say at face value and I's say ask the authorities as soon as humanly possible.