Sign in to follow this  
dmitrynik_gt

Help with Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P & DS-2CD2732F-IS Cam

Hi all of you! I am trying to setup and install my first ip CCTV with remote access.

So far I have purchased (ordered from China) Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P V3.0.10 & two DS-2CD2732F-IS cameras. with V5.2.5 firmware.

I am very green in networking and will not be able to set this system up unless the is a step by step DIY manual. I found some of Hikvision manuals online but when I try to follow them I get stuck in the beginning because something doesn't work as it supposed to. I am hoping members of this forum will help me with getting the configuration and installation done.

So far I have bought the above setup + two 4TB each WD purple HDD for NVR. haven't installed them yet.

I am using Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 with iVMS 4200 but have Windows 8.1 on bootcamp withSADP and iVMS.

MY Questions/Problems:

1) When I hook up cameras to POE ports of NVR and connect NVR to Verizon router port NVR has 192.168.1.X address. it changes after some time. If I run iVMS on mac I can see only NVR but not the cameras . I can get to NVR thru browser by using this address and see the camera Ip address information it is 192.168.254.2. and 192.168.254.3. I can change the Ip information there( I changed it to 192.168.1.77 and 192.168.1.88) but they won't show up in iVMS nor will be accessible thru web browser.

I can get to cameras directly thru web browser only if I disconnect NVR from router and connect my computer to NVR and set my laptop's Ethernet Ip address to the same subnet as cameras.

Is there way to access cameras over wifi using laptop when they are connected as follows: Cam->NVR->Router? Or the only possible solution would be to connect laptop thru ethernet cable to NVR and disconnect NVR from router?

2) Whenever I power off NVR the cameras go back to their original IP addresses (192.168.254.2. and 192.168.254.3) when I start NVR again.

What could be the problem ?

3)Can you please help me to locate a proper outside wall bracket together with a junction box for these cameras. When I search online I get multiple results of different models from different sellers that supposedly fit this camera. I am not sure which one would really work.

My next step would be to set up NVR/camera remote access. I will try to follow Hikvision manual, but first I am hoping to resolve the above issues:)

Any input is greatly appreciated

3)Can you please help me to locate a proper outside wall bracket together with a junction box for these cameras. When I search online I get multiple results of different models from different sellers that supposedly fit this camera. I am not sure which one would really work.

DS-1273ZJ-135, that is the one you need.