mic2015

DVR password

Hi guys!

I recently acquired a dvr type recorder with no brand name. It has a model number of sts2000.

When I try to google about it I find nothing. And of course it is password protected by admin or user1. Can anybody help me with this?

Hi guys!

I recently acquired a dvr type recorder with no brand name. It has a model number of sts2000.

When I try to google about it I find nothing. And of course it is password protected by admin or user1. Can anybody help me with this?

Make login screenshot & from web interface!

This is similar to the menu in the DVR dahua.

Make full screenshot from the monitor screen and a screenshot from a web interface.

What is the date on the DVR?

Hi Mic

Have you tried with "123456" ?

That password is pretty common regarding DVR/NVR's. Well it's actually very common regarding everything, but it's worth a shot.

did you buy this new or used? If it's used and the suggestions on here

don't work it's probably been changed and sold because the seller forgot it.

Somone on here with access to the daily password override will probably generate one for you.

Once you get in, change the default password to a 6 character password and save it somewhere safe for future ref

If you are going to connect to the internet never leave the admin account password at it's default.

BIG SECURITY RISK

some default passwords are 888888, 666666, 111111, admin, 000000.

Hi guys!

"Acquired", eh?

Is that the same as bought?

The default password on mine was 12345.

WHY OH WHY do people repeatedly ask how to overcome a security issue when they know full well this is a PUBLIC FORUM where anyone can read the conversations? Hardly a day goes by without some Charlie asking this SAME QUESTION!

Passwords are set to stop unauthorized people getting into a DVR and it's settings.

The implications of learning the answer on a public forum are that the security

measures set by manufacturers won't be worth anything.

Would you go to a locksmith's forum and ask how to pick a lock?

IF YOU DID YOU'D DESERVE TO BE KICKED OFF THE FORUM.

So why are those on this forum so keen to tell you how to overcome such security?

Simple either they are willing to offer basic info you can work out for yourself or they just want to SHOW OFF how clever they are.

Personally I give basic info that anyone could work out for themselves but on passwords I am NOT prepared to go the extra mile like some of the idiots that are simply here to show off how clever they are.

Typically I refer to these people as Ewan after the infamous Ewan Kerr. (hint: say it a little quicker )

I don't think giving out a default password is that big of a deal. You can call a DVR company's tech support, and I'm sure they'll tell you the default password if you say you forgot it. If you own a DVR, you should be changing the password anyway.

However, I agree with you on giving out information on other ways to get around a password. I've seen other forums that talk about how to break into iPhones and all types of stuff to help users get around passwords that people picked out. I'm sure it's a thief asking. There's another forum that is entirely made up of criminal activity, and they openly talk about picking locks, skimming credit cards, hacking computers, and even poisoning people. Seriously. I work in law enforcement, and I used to read those forums all the time to see what new tricks of the trade are out there. It was enraging reading the stuff people asked for help with.

Default passwords are readily available even to an idiot. So I don't mind helping with those if it saves someone some time.

If someone has changed the password then there is a security in place and frankly anyone that doesn't know the password has no business even attempting to overcome it. Let these people go to the original legitimate trade supplier and get assistane where their right to the equipment can be verified independently.

People always think they are a special case, but really this issue is black and white. no grey areas.

You either are authorized or you aren't....simple!

It's outrageous to think that there are forums out there where criminals can exchange such info that we all suffer from.

To think that some of the CLEVER CLOGGS on here are regularly contributing to that is infuriating

ADD THIS FORUM TO THEIR LIST UNDER CCTV

I need password for nvr pls. Here is the link: <redacted by editor>

The username is 'admin' without quotes. Can someone hack it for me for a password? Thx in advanced.

Hello I came into possession of hde-2412 DVR and I forgot to get the passcode from the gas station where we replace their security system with a Dahua 4k. Anyways I'm trying to figure out how to get past the passcode or password it's numerical only