Rdel

Install frustration!

Hi guys,

Brand new member, having found you guys as no idea where to go from here on my CCTV install.

I've got the SANNCE cctv system all set up but from some reason I can't get a picture on my TV from the DVR(using HDMI).

I can get a picture using VGA on a PC monitor. I can get a picture when I plug the DVR into my stepfathers LG TV (using HDMI) but when I plug it all into my own LG TV via HDMI I just get no signal? It just doesn't seem to like my TV?

The input is definitely correct. The HDMI cable is fine.

Anyone have any suggestions? I could buy a VGA monitor and stick it in the cupboard but really want to get it on my TV.

Thanks in advance.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

For anyone who comes across the same problem the resolution was;

If your CCTV kit's output resolution is set to a resolution where it should be classed as a computer signal - and have a refresh rate of 60Hz - but when monitoring the cameras then the kit is sending out 50Hz then the TV won't accept that as a valid combination. IOW, the TV accepts say 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz, but not 1280 x 1024 @ 50Hz.

The answer is to use a HDTV timing where both refresh rates are valid. So, 720 x 576p @ 50/60Hz, or 1280 x 720p @ 50/60Hz, or 1920 x 1080i @ 50/60Hz, or 1920 x 1080p @ 50/60Hz.

Read more: http://www.diynot.com/forums/audio-visual/cctv-setup-problem.394788/#ixzz3VQxAn96t

taken from this post;

http://www.diynot.com/forums/audio-visual/cctv-setup-problem.394788/

Cheers.

Glad you found a solution to this. Interesting to see the different refresh rates--sounds like leftovers from PAL/NTSC.