Sign in to follow this  
zemon

HD-TVI vs IP

I bought a new Hikvision TVI system, the DVR is a DS-7204HGHI-SH-A and the cameras are DS-2CE16D5T-AVFIT3

The video quality is quite poor and not really what I was expecting for a HD CCTV system.

How do the IP CCTV systems compare to HD-TVI, would the video quality be noticeable better with IP?

Can you post a good resolution screenshot of what you are geting? You can make it easily from the web interface.

That HDTVI DVR is 720p/1080p, make sure you have your streams configured to 1080p, since the camera DS-2CE16D5T-AVFIT3 is 1080p. Those are good cameras, and you should be geting a very good 1920x1080 image if everything is done right.

It doesn't look bad to me. It is 1920x1080. Are the colors off from reality?

You can try adjusting them from both the DVR and the camera. Do you know that camera has OSD menus that can be adjusted from the DVR? Check this out, it is in spanish, but it should give you a good hint on how to do it.

http://www.securamente.com/hdtvi-como-usar-el-osd-en-las-camaras-que-lo-soporten/

You should also check out the bitrate and picture quality you are using for your main stream.