Sign in to follow this  
TMAM

Samsung system opinions needed

Hello everyone!

My first posting.

My wife and I will soon be opening our own retail business and I've been looking for a decent CCTV system that is affordable. I've kind of zeroed in on the Samsung SDS-P5122 that is available at Sam's Club. 12 cameras, 16 channels. I goofed around with the demo they had set up at the store and though the clarity of the picture on objects further away than 20 feet wasn't great and I'm wondering how good of a system is it for $650? It seems to be pretty much 'plug n' play' which is what we need because neither of us are really all that tech savvy.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron

Hello everyone!

My first posting.

My wife and I will soon be opening our own retail business and I've been looking for a decent CCTV system that is affordable. I've kind of zeroed in on the Samsung SDS-P5122 that is available at Sam's Club. 12 cameras, 16 channels. I goofed around with the demo they had set up at the store and though the clarity of the picture on objects further away than 20 feet wasn't great and I'm wondering how good of a system is it for $650? It seems to be pretty much 'plug n' play' which is what we need because neither of us are really all that tech savvy.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron

You will be better off with an ip system that is 1080p the image quality will be much better...the install will also be easier because you will only need to run a single ethernet cable from the nvr to the camera

http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1&refine=&keyword=ip+camera

You pretty much lost me within the first 10 words of your reply. I guess I will need more education as to the various types of cameras and technology. Thanks for the suggestion and link.

Aaron

You pretty much lost me within the first 10 words of your reply. I guess I will need more education as to the various types of cameras and technology. Thanks for the suggestion and link.

Aaron

There are two basic ways to get HD video..hd over coax which can use the coax cable used in older systems and transmit video using special cameras and dvr (there are several forms of this technology which are not compatible with each other, cvi, sdi, tvi) or using an IP system where there data is transmitted over ethernet as well as the power (single cable for both)..IP will give you the most flexibility for future expansion and is a bit easier to run the cable..

The hd over coax is a bit cheaper...whatever you do go with an hd system...

For example this hd system (only 720p) will still provide double the resolution of the 960h samsung

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-16-Channel-HD-720p-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-10-720p-Cameras.product.100163062.html