Sign in to follow this  
Kyle_Gates

Modest system with audio?

So, I am 100% new to the security system arena but i find myself in need of a system of some kind. I can be quite modest 2-4 cameras just for the exterior of a small home. After quite a bit of looking around and review reading and such I figure a small POE system would be great. The issue is, while I can find systems with many different options (720p and up, night vision, decent mounting options, weatherproof, DVR or SD Card recording, etc) I seem to be running into a wall when it comes to finding something with audio.

I grabbed a small wireless 2 cam Lorex system from a local shop and it not only offers audio but it has two way audio. While I really don't need to way communication, cameras with the ability to capture audio would be great. the issue with the Lorex system of course is that the captured video is...a joke. So the question is simple, are there any decent, reasonably priced 2-4 cam POE systems out there that can capture audio or am I looking at the $750+ arena for such a thing?

Thanks!

-Kyle

So, I am 100% new to the security system arena but i find myself in need of a system of some kind. I can be quite modest 2-4 cameras just for the exterior of a small home. After quite a bit of looking around and review reading and such I figure a small POE system would be great. The issue is, while I can find systems with many different options (720p and up, night vision, decent mounting options, weatherproof, DVR or SD Card recording, etc) I seem to be running into a wall when it comes to finding something with audio.

I grabbed a small wireless 2 cam Lorex system from a local shop and it not only offers audio but it has two way audio. While I really don't need to way communication, cameras with the ability to capture audio would be great. the issue with the Lorex system of course is that the captured video is...a joke. So the question is simple, are there any decent, reasonably priced 2-4 cam POE systems out there that can capture audio or am I looking at the $750+ arena for such a thing?

Thanks!

-Kyle

hikvision 2532-IS has a built in mic(weak ir though)..hikvision 2732IS, 2632IS, 2132F-IS you need to add your own mic.

dahua http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdw4300c-620.html built in mic - no speaker out, no sd card...

Look though the dahua and hikvision sites...