IR-EG

Reverse CAMERA SCROLLING FUZZY horizontial lines HELP>>

Hi I got a quick question kinda pissed off right now trying to figure out my aftermarket reverse IR night vision camera is working but it has this scrolling horizontial lines I the monitor. I bought this thing from ebay 35 bucks. security tft monitor car rear view system. 4.3 inch screen. prior to installing it I bench tested it from the box in to straight battery power and it seems to work without any fuzzy screen lines horizontial type interference. but installed it now have this lines.

its box says security tft monitor specifications

tft LCD coolr monitor

2 video inputs

rear view system:NTSC/PAL

Power supply: DC12V (+with a line under it) 10%

Operation temp: -20degree F -50degree C

installed in a 1992 Honda civic si hatchback.

the camera is mounted in my lisence plate light screw. I had to modify dremel some camera plastic to fit the bolts to line up the screws. I routed the yellow rca from rear to the driver side panels . then I connected the power source of the camera to an extended 20 gauge wire to the front.

I put the reverse camera ground straight to the rear trunk area 10mm bolt where there already existing harness oem grounds. it resides near a family of harness grounds.

for the monitor i hooked up the yellow rca from camera.

monitors power wire soldered is sodered connected with the reverse camera power wire.

The monitors ground is separate ground from the reverse camers ground up front near drivers side chassis.

I've tapped it with "create a circuit" used (10amp back up light) and added a 5 amp fuse for my reverse camera/monitor. checked connections all wires are ggood.

I turn the key on wtf? works, but it has these kinds of scrolling fuzzy horozintial lines?

FML. WTF? grounds are solid front and back. wiring is sodered. rca wires are good?

I start the engine it still have the lines?

is monitor/camera/ground/what is bad?

or is the monitor/camera defective? WTF?

anyone solved this problem?

I can only guess at this as I have zero experience with equipment in cars, but this sounds like interference. Here are some simple tests before you do anything else:

Get the camera and monitor turned on and 'working', fuzzy lines and all.

1) Watch the monitor and adjust the radio (change stations, FM/AM/Cassette/CD, volume, etc. On/Off too. ), If the lines change, it is likely interference from the radio.

2) If possible try to use the monitor to view something else (such as a dvd player), but keep the monitor installed just as it is in the car. If the lines go away now it's likely your cable run getting interference someplace, so try a new cable run in a different location. If the lines remain (while the monitor is hooked up to something else) it could be the placement of the monitor, or where it is plugged in (cigarette lighter port?)

3) Almost anything using electricity can cause interference (lights, wipers, fuel pump, anything). So watch the monitor, and try lights, wipers, etc. This is very unlikely to have anything to do with the issue you are currently experiencing, but I thought I would mention it.

The most likely cause is the car radio/stereo/amp*. If you can find some other place to run your wires (away from all other wires is ideal, but maybe not possible) it may solve the fuzzy line issue. Try to keep your wire run away from anything A/V (Including the radio antenna). Do temporary runs and test before a permanent install to see if this is your problem.

Heavier insulated cables maybe help, and maybe a filter (not sure about the filter, I'm 100% guessing.)

*This is even more likely if you have some after market sound system install in the trunk.

Hope this solves the issues.