Sign in to follow this  
MarcuzH

Wireless PTZ camera setup - Local & Long Distance

Hi. I am new here.

So I am trying to install a camera set up. I'd like to have maybe 3-4 wireless PTZ cameras around my home and about 3-4 more PTZ at a distance of 100 yards away to a vineyard. All open area with some light fixtures for set up. Are there any wireless PTZ systems that can do this? Do any repeaters extend that far? We do have a power source out there for the cameras, so that is not a problem. We cant have any cables running through that vineyard either. its a preference really. I would like to have these cameras setup through a DVR or NVR or whichever system, but not a computer set up.

Can anyone help guide me to something like this? Is it too much of an advanced setup? Ask any questions you feel you may need.

Thanks!

Hi. I am new here.

So I am trying to install a camera set up. I'd like to have maybe 3-4 wireless PTZ cameras around my home and about 3-4 more PTZ at a distance of 100 yards away to a vineyard. All open area with some light fixtures for set up. Are there any wireless PTZ systems that can do this? Do any repeaters extend that far? We do have a power source out there for the cameras, so that is not a problem. We cant have any cables running through that vineyard either. its a preference really. I would like to have these cameras setup through a DVR or NVR or whichever system, but not a computer set up.

Can anyone help guide me to something like this? Is it too much of an advanced setup? Ask any questions you feel you may need.

Thanks!

Have you considered Ethernet over power for the cameras located in the vineyard or is that supply separate to the house?

Are the cameras in the vineyard going to be co-located or separated from each other? Could you at least wire the camera's to a central point in the vineyard and link them back to the house with a dedicated wireless link using directional antennas?

Why wireless on the house? Wired cameras will give less issues.