Sign in to follow this  
Kyle_Gates

Modestly priced 3-cam system results....

So, just an observation here. I recently decided to get into some very basic home security. I went ahead and purchased the Lorex LW-2962H system (2 wireless cams with 2 way audio and micro SD recording). I will say I really liked the whole 2-way audio gimmick but the video seemed like there could be improvement.

Well, I had made said purchase on a whim before doing any real research. After a week of doing said research I decided to go a different route. First off, wired seemed to be the way to go. More invasive install sure but, just seemed like it was better all the way around.

In the end, I went with:

Two HikVision DS-2CD2032-I's (Bullet, 3mp, 3mm, POE)

One HikVision DS-2CD2332-I (Dome, 3mp, 2.8mm, POE)

One TP-LINK TL-SF1008P (8 Port POE switch (only 4 ports are POE)

Total cost, around $350 (I did already possess all the CAT 6 cabling I needed and all tools required for running said cable. I also already have a 20 TB server up and running so I will not need to purchase equipment to record too.)

Finished the setup today and so far am very impressed. Might not be what you can get by dropping multiple thousands but is lightyears beyond many of the "all-in-one" systems I looked at first.

I'll see about getting some footage up so those interested can take a peek. In the meantime I took a quick screen grab of the outdoor cam:

269911_1.png

So, just an observation here. I recently decided to get into some very basic home security. I went ahead and purchased the Lorex LW-2962H system (2 wireless cams with 2 way audio and micro SD recording). I will say I really liked the whole 2-way audio gimmick but the video seemed like there could be improvement.

Well, I had made said purchase on a whim before doing any real research. After a week of doing said research I decided to go a different route. First off, wired seemed to be the way to go. More invasive install sure but, just seemed like it was better all the way around.

In the end, I went with:

Two HikVision DS-2CD2032-I's (Bullet, 3mp, 3mm, POE)

One HikVision DS-2CD2332-I (Dome, 3mp, 2.8mm, POE)

One TP-LINK TL-SF1008P (8 Port POE switch (only 4 ports are POE)

Total cost, around $350 (I did already possess all the CAT 6 cabling I needed and all tools required for running said cable. I also already have a 20 TB server up and running so I will not need to purchase equipment to record too.)

Finished the setup today and so far am very impressed. Might not be what you can get by dropping multiple thousands but is lightyears beyond many of the "all-in-one" systems I looked at first.

I'll see about getting some footage up so those interested can take a peek. In the meantime I took a quick screen grab of the outdoor cam:

269911_1.png

You can't compare all-in-one system with ip system. they can't be compared. because most all-in-one system are still analog with tv lines, and ip system is ditital and megapixel. it gives you 3-4 times better video quality.