Sign in to follow this  
comradecereal

Picture Quality issues SwannSmart DVR - Help needed

Hi Guys

I've had my DVR up and running for around 1 year now and at first all the images from all 8 channels were amazing, They have now started to go down hill with the images being grainy/pixelated or blotchy both during the day and night

as you can see in the image

cctvpic.jpg

some images are good whilst garage, driveway right house and left house are not as sharp as i would like.

Any advise is welcome

Hi Guys

I've had my DVR up and running for around 1 year now and at first all the images from all 8 channels were amazing, They have now started to go down hill with the images being grainy/pixelated or blotchy both during the day and night

as you can see in the image

cctvpic.jpg

some images are good whilst garage, driveway right house and left house are not as sharp as i would like.

Any advise is welcome

Done the simple things like check the camera lenses and connections are clean and tight?

Ive checked the connections and they seem fine, I am using the Swan Pro-510 cameras, not sure if you can re tune the lense?

This is all kinda new to me.

Ive checked the connections and they seem fine, I am using the Swan Pro-510 cameras, not sure if you can re tune the lense?

This is all kinda new to me.

I meant give the lens a clean. If the image appears blurry there might just be dirt on the lens. Get up there with a soft cloth and some lens cleaner and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help throw them away and go IP megapixel.