Sign in to follow this  
Tcdchameleon

Hello, new to CCTV Forum and relatively green...

Question for the experts. I have had a ZMODO 4 channel DVR for a few years now. Recently I upgraded the computers in the house from XP to win 7 and one even to win 8. The other day I had to pull footage from my DVR. I typed in the IP address of the DVR, had it go through the process of installing the active X controls. Went to playback sought out the date and time that I needed. Check marked the correct time set the folder for it to download and clicked on "Download." The green bars lit up and it acted as if it were downloading. Roughly 5 minutes later it said "Download complete." I went into the folder and it was empty. I did this on the rest of the computers in the house (4 all together) and they all did the same thing. I went out to the garage and dug up an ancient old dinosaur Dell with Win XP on it hooked it up and painfully waited for everything to load up and did the same process, when I got done I saw the file right where I told it to save. I transferred the file to my Win 7 machine and it played perfectly. Fortunately I don't have to do this very often, but what settings are not correct that would cause this?

Thanks in advance.

On Win7 you might try running IE as administrator; otherwise it might not have access for storing files on whatever directory you are using for downloads.

Find IE shortcut on the start menu, right click on it, and "run as administrator".

Can't help with Win8, haven't used it.