EDS_31

remote access problems

Hello folks

I just purchased my first dvr camera set. I can't tell which brand or model is it but I have the firmware name that it uses: V4.02.R11.60426094.12000. I setted my port forwarding and I can access the server but it won't stream any video. It asked me to use quicktime so I downloaded it and installed it but it just stays at the quicktime logo and wont stream.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

its the setting on your PC

what are you running on the PC?

you will need most likely to make the address a safe site on your security settings on explorer and add to the compatability settings.

you probably getting connected but you security settings are blocking the stream.

hope this helps

Andy

its the setting on your PC

what are you running on the PC?

you will need most likely to make the address a safe site on your security settings on explorer and add to the compatability settings.

you probably getting connected but you security settings are blocking the stream.

hope this helps

Andy

Not sure if that's the case, I cant stream it on my phone either when connected to my own network, the only way that I can make it work is using an app called XMEYE. The site is blocked on the network im on right now. I'll try my computer at home to see if it works then

UPDATE:

If i connect to the dvr in my home network, it streams just fine, however, outside the network it wont. Ports 80 and 34567 have been forwarded already but still no luck. My DVR is one of those chinese brandless models. not sure at this point if its worth keeping it or if i should return it and get a better one but i want to give it a shot before getting rid of it. It all seems to be a port issue since it works fine on the network.

I've tried already to search the issue on the forum but I've got no luck

again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:

If i connect to the dvr in my home network, it streams just fine, however, outside the network it wont. Ports 80 and 34567 have been forwarded already but still no luck. My DVR is one of those chinese brandless models. not sure at this point if its worth keeping it or if i should return it and get a better one but i want to give it a shot before getting rid of it. It all seems to be a port issue since it works fine on the network.

Set the http port to 8585 - something other than 80..its may be blocked by your isp..have you tried to see if the port is open? canyouseeme.org

Are you trying from a remote location? if you are trying from your pc on the network and you are using a router/modem combo you may be having a nat loopback issue..test using your cell phone while its on cellular not wifi.

UPDATE:

Make sure the gateway and DNS servers on the network config are OK. Also, it is indeed a good idea to use a web port other than 80.

Thanks for the help!!!

I checked the port and it is not blocked by my ISP, I'll change the port to 8585 to see if there is any difference and I'll let you know.

This is what I get when I access it on a remote network:

270946_1.png

Thanks for the help!!!

I checked the port and it is not blocked by my ISP, I'll change the port to 8585 to see if there is any difference and I'll let you know.

270946_1.png

hi send me a private message and Ill send you the basic CMS software that will be compatible with your cameras.. you will be able to use it to remote view your system.. you will need your serial number! I will also send you the user manual no port forwarding or DDNS will be required

Thanks for the help!!!

270946_1.png

this looks like a flash issue... go to your internet settings and make sure you clear your active X settings to allow it to download

ok, I'll give that a try and let you know.

i checked at home, connecting to the external IP address and it works just fine. I disconnected my modem to make sure it was not looping on my network and the streaming stopped, however, I shared my cellphone's internet and the problem came back. Same as my work computer.

Port 8585 didn't work either. I'll try 8080 and let you guys know.

i have exactly the same problem! CCTV streams fine within my intranet, but not over internet!

I am using a Thomson router and I have port forwarded successfully, at least I think i have!

I have set ports 85 and 86 on the "H264 Network DVR" Chinese Cheapie that I have as the TCP and HTTP ports, I forward the range 85-86 on the modem, I can connect to them on my laptop, but only see the Quicktime logo! When I click the play buttons, the mini screens go blank : (

help??