Jaytj

NVR system without Internet. Help

Hello,

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong location. Did not see a category for NVR systems.

I have recently purchased an NVR system for my remote cabin, I have power but no internet access there.

The system I purchased is an Dahua ION Series ESDV-NVRION-8, 4 Dahua IP cameras and an TP-Link POE switch.

I have been able to connect everything up and have the system record all the time; problem is that I want the system to record motion only. To my understanding this needs to be configured within the cameras themselves. I am able to access the IPs of the cameras when I am connected to the Internet at my house to configure the MD. As soon as I disconnect the internet (as would be the case at my cabin) I can no longer access the settings page of the cameras. I need to be able to access the page once the cameras have been mounted in order to set the MD properly. Does anyone know how I can essentially fool my PC into thinking it has a WAN connection so that I can configure the cameras offline? Or any other options I may have?

If you are reading this thank you for your time and hopefully you can assist me somehow.

Hello,

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong location. Did not see a category for NVR systems.

I have recently purchased an NVR system for my remote cabin, I have power but no internet access there.

The system I purchased is an Dahua ION Series ESDV-NVRION-8, 4 Dahua IP cameras and an TP-Link POE switch.

I have been able to connect everything up and have the system record all the time; problem is that I want the system to record motion only. To my understanding this needs to be configured within the cameras themselves. I am able to access the IPs of the cameras when I am connected to the Internet at my house to configure the MD. As soon as I disconnect the internet (as would be the case at my cabin) I can no longer access the settings page of the cameras. I need to be able to access the page once the cameras have been mounted in order to set the MD properly. Does anyone know how I can essentially fool my PC into thinking it has a WAN connection so that I can configure the cameras offline? Or any other options I may have?

If you are reading this thank you for your time and hopefully you can assist me somehow.

If you have a router you should be able to connect the NVR to the router and using the local IP address access the cameras.